Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chloe Neill

Go down 
+16
DEW
Starbrites
lornadune
2shay
calimama
b4v
sabby
uapeople
Greencat
kimba
Oh Yes
hopsngrapes
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
Dragonlady
gracious-plenty
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

Chloe Neill - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:30 pm

Hmmmm.....YA......no sex.......nope.....not going there. Hey! I LIKE SEX! That was another thing about DD.....no SEX......okay...so, I'm a little twisted. :flasher:
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:41 pm

HHHMMMM ok well after just briefly looking at your guys comments I'm gonna hold off and wait to read this when I can get at the library; its currently on order and I'm #5. I definitely still want to read it because I'm too curious not too.... but not sure I want to pay for it (at this point).

And no idea of course 2shay why do u think we all get along so well.. we're all at least a little cuckoo :flasher: !!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:03 pm

Sabby....lol....and I always LOVE your posts! No one does better smilies!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Hey I have had my share of YA that has had SEX in it. But it just didn't go into all the details. I like to have some of that innocence feeling. roflmao

ok ya right I love all my SEX scenes. I got to have them
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:31 pm

LMAO!!! roflmao Well I guess I have a slight smile addiction.... flirty Wink !!!
The reason is two-fold: one who can resist these absolutely hysterically creative smilies that GP has provided us with; so I feel pressed to use them to the best of my ability. thinking writing
And I have a very dry, sarcastic sense of humor which is evident in person by my usual dead-pan delivery (for the most part). But Ive been told that I can occasionally come off..... rough Owen whipping tongue Twisted Evil move it shit in written form. So in hopes of avoiding any kick me why!!! misinterpration of my comments I try to add the great ChipperDu additions to lighten the tone. I'm glad its working.... at least sometimes!! lol!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:43 pm

not worthy
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:06 pm

roflmao
Laughing Sabby

You are truly a gifted smiley add-in kind if gal. Welcome to my addiction
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:04 pm

I don't know why I'm on this thread! Not looking...not pray
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:23 pm

Don't look Whit :
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:55 pm

I am very often too lazy for smileys, but I do love them. Sabby, you ae my smiley hero! not worthy

tongue I don't have to have a sex scene in the books that I read, but it definitely is a plus if there is one (and it is a well-written one at that)! wine happy dance

Seriously, this is the 5th Meritverse book and only one extended sex scene with Ethan (only)? This from an author that holds Nora Roberts and Diana Gabaldon is such high esteem? Come. On. No really, COME. ON!! flirty
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:29 am

Autumn- again I agree! shocker.

Sabby- your smiley use is unmatchable!

star ending star
I need to know....so Ethan comes back as a Zombie? Do they have to kill him again or is he still alive? Does he have any memory? What about Catcher? is he alive... Yuck, but will he be merit's new love? Yeeash....I think this book was boring to you all because there was no Ethan until the end from what it seems. That was what all the books were about. It is like jumping the shark. At least in the other series when they killed off the love interest, even though we all went nuts, he really didn't have much page time (though he did shine of those pages he was on), so he really wasn't much of a plotline until after he dies and then that was a huge huge plot that still is going on. Since I;m not gonna read it or if I do I;m waiting a long time, please spoil me!

Didn't CN say "trust me"
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:32 am

star Spoilers for uap star

Ethan seemed okay. Didn't seem like a zombie, but I don't think we will know that for sure until the next book.....which I may not read. Doesn't look like there is any possibility for a romance with Catcher. There was some feeling starting between Merit and Jonah...aborted when Ethan returned. I liked Jonah and would rather have seen Ethan stay forever dead than come back the way he did. Really, though? The story has moved away from the vamps of Chicago and into the whole black magic thing that just hurt the story imo. Several have said, and I agree, that the book was boring.

ETA: Vamp politics was way over done. Frank? What was Frank's purpose? Malik stood up to him at the end. He could have done that anytime. Everything about Frank just made the story more boring.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:57 am

star spoilers star

LIke Shay stated, it's hard to say how Ethan is going to turn out. IMO it just doesn't fit very well. The plot was very boring, all circling around the politics really. And yes I completely agree about Frank. What was the point of him in this book at all? None!!

I feel so bad for Catcher. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 10:14 am

Was Morgan in this one at all? I know he was pretty much written off in HB, but just curious.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 10:59 am

Morgan makes one short appearance....he wasn't very likeable in it, either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:09 pm

Thank you for the info. Shay!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:47 pm

Ooohhhh say what I cant believe my great, funny Morgan has gone missing !!!

And now replaced by this tricky !!!! very sad Mad Well I guess another reason to wait for the book at the library!!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:43 pm

Thanks for the info!!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:48 pm

That just pissed me off about my sweet delectable Morgan. Now he's just a bitter Betty.
All the characters are different. Even Merit was her snarky commenty self no idea

heart Morgan very sad
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 10:21 pm

I don't think I'm going to like this book cussing
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:07 am

showme----the line is long....sigh
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:46 am

Mad

I am such a fustrated CN reader! The frst 4 books were fun reads. Then she does perhaps what I consider the dumbest move ever...she kills Ethan and turns him inot a pile of ash. I really didn't want to read DD,but at last minute I was on my SWest flight and dowloaded it to read. OMG what a fustrating mess!

as we all know CN told us to trust her,so we all assumed Ethan will return. Perhaps part if my issue is i kept waiting for his return,and damnit! it wasn;t unitl 90% on my kindle! And then....grrrrr....very little emotion! The guy dies for Merit and CNeill has the chance to give us a HUGE return love scene.and we got NOTHING! OMG,yeah they both said you are mine...but where was the frist bit? the romance hot sexy scene. Nope major let down for me.

The rest of the book was as the Seifeld show would say lots of Yada yada yada. lots of filler and the way ethan returned was not very good. He honsetly rose from the pile of ash! In the smae freakin outfit! I kept thinking I hope they didn't miss any of the ash or he may be missng and ear,or a toe,etc.

And the whole Jonah connection was weird. He was her sisters prom date?! So what! That's suppose to be a huge comection? And CNeill made a point of letting us know that Jonah and Merit have a connection. I want her to connect only with Ethan! I just hope C neil isn't going to have a triangle...icko. I am so sick of triangles.

And the whole Morgan stuff was weird. Morgan never seemed uncaring to me. I just hate that CNeill has changed all the characters. it's not the same fun read.

Last edited by kimba on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:37 am

So, after reading a whole lot of comments I flicked through DD. I spent about an 45 minutes on it and got it from the library, so I'm not too annoyed about what a blah book it was. I agree it seems like CN has screwed up this series big time! I wanted a great "he's back" scene with Merit and Ethan, but there was nothing! Kimba you are so right, CN missed a chance for something wonderful when she fluffed over the one scene we were all waiting for. I won't be buying her next book either Sad
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 11:21 am

Sorry you guys. I tried to put a small warning out there. This book was a severe let down. Sad
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:38 am

star DD star
I finished Drink Deep and I have to agree with many of the previous comments: It was a mess.

My take was a little different in that I almost didn't want Ethan to come back at the end. (Don't hate) I wanted him to come back, but I would have been ok if Merit moved on to Jonah.

Kimba, I agree completely about the whole sister's prom date connection. A bit lame.

On a final note, I was really hoping this book had some of the humor of the previous books. I needed a little funny. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chloe Neill
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next