Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chloe Neill

Go down 
+16
DEW
Starbrites
lornadune
2shay
calimama
b4v
sabby
uapeople
Greencat
kimba
Oh Yes
hopsngrapes
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
Dragonlady
gracious-plenty
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
uapeople

uapeople

Chloe Neill - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:27 am

I just got notice that this was delivered to my kindle but i am very afraid to read it because of the emotions and wha happened in the last book that I hope really didn't....and my person situation. i think I may wait to hear from you guys 1st (plus I am in the middle of a Scottish romance trilogy by Terri Brisbin - the Storm Trilogy- which has also killed me with the emotion)
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 12:13 pm

uap---I am just 20% in so I can't help you, yet. I will let you know. As soon as I finish it's back to my Outlander reread!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 2:43 pm

I too am around the 20-25% mark. So far..pretty safe.

But I am missing Ethan so much. I like Jonah and all but I need Ethan Sad
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 3:37 pm

DANG!! I totally forgot that this series is more expensive...... I mean I know its only $2 but since ultimately its in the same e-book format as other soft covers; it just bothers me... scratch cuckoo
So what do u say guys a quarter in u think its worth it??
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 4:47 pm

So I take it he's really not coming back like a certain other series and s name starting with a K. Do not spoil anyone with that series but the books after that were so sad because of her grief and not knowing what really happened. Is that the tone here or is she faced with do much she doesn't have rime to grieve? I want yo know what CN meant by "trust me"
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 5:51 pm

The book has been slow going for me but i've been moving forward. Now with that said i'm at 88% and i will say my whole body is humming and jumpy in anticipation with what is going on. I have to get back..

Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 6:36 pm

I finished! All I will say for now is that I was not to sad with the outcome. Can't wait for the rest of you to finish.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 7:09 pm

This book is actually boring me to tears. And you guys know hoe much of a die hard fan I am.
Too much politics and not enough answers.
I've read a few reviews and some had the same feeling but did state that we get some answers.
I'm at 66% so far. I've been extremely sick since Saturday and it's hard for me to read without my head pounding, but Im sucking it up to get MY answers about Ethan dammit!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 7:15 pm

I felt the same way. It was so slow going but I like you was not about to give up till I get the answers I wanted. About 88% is where it is really going to start getting to ya. I just know it. Don't give up just yet.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:03 pm

wtf

Ok so yes I hit that part. Uhhhhhhhhhhh
I say again wtf
Ok off to finish
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:36 pm

Wondering where you are in the book now g-p.. I know you have to be getting close to the end.. bounce bounce bounce I'm like a 5 year old waiting for you to finish. smile
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Finished Starbrites

Ok I dont want to spoil for some that havent yet finished.
BUT
I'm 50/50 here.
Meaning that, yes I'm happy with the ending but not happy with this books at all. It is nothing like the first three books in the series. Too me it was rushed almost. And most importantly I find that his death was so pointless, even knowing what I know with this book.
This may not make a whole lot of since but I will wait a little until most have caught up.

Sad
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:13 pm

I know how you feel. I have many things to say too. I've already started writing it to be prepared for when others are ready to discuss. It's hard to not start blabbing but I can control it. smile
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:52 am

I am not gonna read this now then and upset myself if then. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:58 am

I wouldn't recommend reading this book now uap. Although I have not read it (and am still debating if I will), I have read many numerous reviews on this book and the common theme is that Merit is dealing with Ethan's death throughout the book. Not a good subject for you right now with all that you are going through. I have no idea whether he comes back or not (I can't imagine him not - but then again I never thought she'd kill him off in the 1st place).

Last edited by Autumnleaves on Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:24 am

Uap- I agree with Autumn and you may want to avoid this one. Even though I know the endin result, she has a lt of emotion throughout about Ethan's death.

On a positive note, we have the next Dark Elite book right around the corner and we both are huge fans of her YA series excited
Hopefully we get lots of Seb too Wink
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:52 am

star Spoiler star Do not read this......do NOT READ THIS if you haven't finished the book!!!

poke Too much on the magical side for me. This story used to be about the Chicago vampires and now it is mostly about an out of control sorceress! I hated that! As much as I wanted something to happen that would allow Ethan to come back (as a vapire ghost, maybe?), the way he was brought back was sooooo improbably.....even for paranormal....that I was just stunned. I would have quit reading the book entirely if not wanting Ethan back so much. Then? Then? CN completely fucked it up. IMO....!

The whole thing makes me wonder.... wtf was she thinking? Terrible. Too bad. The first books were so good, but I think she just kicked me out of her fan club. I don't think I will buy another book in this series. I should have known when she killed off Ethan that it was over for me.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:52 am

uap-----I don't think you should read this book, either. Simply because it isn't good enough.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:56 am

star ONLY IF FINISHED READ THIS POST star

ok. I hated it. Now that the whole trust me comment has been answered, I'm just really disappointed.

Seriously, what was the reason for killing him off in the first place? Him coming back as he did was just soooooo wrong on so many unbelievable levels, even for PR fiction as Shay stated above.

Also, I agree that this series is not even about the vamps per say anymore. The fact that Mal turns out to be the BAD guy. wtf is up with that. These last two books, plot wise is just all over the place IMO.

And there was WAYYYYYYYY to much politics happening. I don't like the direction it has taken and not sure if I will continue with the series either. Which really saddens me a lot. I was a big CN fan. Well I'm still a fan because I love her YA series still.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:23 am

star Spoilers star

ohhh----gp----I am so glad I am not alone in this. I didn't even mention the politics.....sucked! And just how far into the book did it take to figure out that it was Mallory? Not far. But she drug it out and drug it out. Like these smart, savvy vamps couldn't figure out something that simple? Looks like a duck, sounds like a duck....hey! Mallory is doing it!

I haven't read any YA on purpose since Twilight. Teenage and young adult angst ..... why!!! just doesn't work for me.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 12:01 pm

star star Don't read unless you want to be spoiled star star

You know what it is like to wait 6 months to see what will happen and if your love can be won back after one of your favorite Authors screws you over? Of course you guys do you all waited the same amount of time. WTF was the point to her killing him?? So he can be brought back as himself and maybe just maybe in the next book become Mallorys black magic slave?? REALLY?? She took something so meaningful and turned it into shit. I think I would have rather had him stay dead and have her find a life with Jonah. Ethan jumped infront of that stake to save her life because he loved her. That has some meaning to it but to kill him off so Mallory can go crazy and try to bring him back as a zombie which we all know is going to happen. It's going to be 100% predictable from this moment on. Not that I was not glad to see Ethan because I was we all were but it just didn't feel right. You just can't come back from that kind of thing. Yes I was pissed when she killed him off and I waited to see if she could fix it but as much as I love Ethan I think I would rather him be ash.

Now I don't know about you guys but i suspected that it was Mallory from the get go. How could I not? I mean and Catcher lives with her but he was all jealous over simon to notice anything else. Mallory went ape shit! Plain and Simple.

Nobody was the same in this book.

I missed funny Jeff not that there was much laughing going on in this book. I don't know it could have been a whole hellava lot better.

I was bitching to my mom and she said "but you were so happy that he was alive how can you be so mad?" lol I know that makes me sound awful but yes after him being gone I was damn happy to see him but I told her the book just sucked. It was slow going and then when things were finally getting good and the chase was on the damn book ended.. REALLY!! WTF!!

Ok,well now that I have been able to vent I will try to calm myself a little. I would have jumped on and wrote all I had to say last night but I am starting to think when it comes to books it's a good idea to atleast sleep on it before I starting venting my rage!

Last edited by Starbrites on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : When I copied my thoughts from wordpad I forgot the top half of what i wrote.. oops!)
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 12:15 pm

star Spoilers star

Starbrites!! Yep. GP and I, at least, agree with you. This book totally sucked. I like Johah, too. Oh, well. When Mallory gets through with Ethan, Jonah may get another chance. If that happens? Ya'll let me know. I ain't buyin' another one of her stinkin' books. Well.....cause I already have the good ones....lol
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 12:54 pm

Ha ha I read teh spoilers and that is enough for me to know. Maybe I'll read this right when the next one comes out if I feel the need to continue after reading the reviews on that one.

As for the YA series- her YA is great and it is sooo much better than Twilight- I mean who even had to think while reading Twiliight? It is all thought out for you and you can even learn how to be a stalker or how to totally immerse yourself in your stalker boyfriend- that being said I still loved Twilight- I know - hypocrite- but sometimes I need to turn the brain off and read totally some easy romance stuff with an obviously typical ending. That said, CN's YA is not even in the same solar system. 2shay you would like it.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 1:59 pm

star SPOILERS star

I just don;t understand. I know this is her fictional world and all, but she all but killed such a great series in my eyes.

I really do like Jonah, but now I hope he finds someone else. Too much happening. And what was with the touchy zing thingy between him and Merit?

I know Tate is a bady, but even the scenes with him just didn't fit in smoothly. Why make mal the bad seed and not this Simon guy? That I could believe, but not Mallory. She would have done better sticking with the shifter plot line and left out the nymphs, siren, etc IMO

why!!! cussing Just pissed off right now. I want my $9.99 back sadly.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:02 pm

Yes Uap----Her YA is really a great read. Very Twilight opposite.

And I'm that kind of hypocrite too uap smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chloe Neill
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next