Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chloe Neill

Go down 
+16
DEW
Starbrites
lornadune
2shay
calimama
b4v
sabby
uapeople
Greencat
kimba
Oh Yes
hopsngrapes
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
Dragonlady
gracious-plenty
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

Chloe Neill - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:13 pm

Oh Congrats to CN - hope she gets to quit her day job now!!!!!!!
So she can write faster.

star HB
I don't want to think about it anymore it makes my head hurt.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:33 pm

I was hoping she'd quit her day job too, but she said she loves it and doesn't want to stop working. Darn!!! I really would love it if she could knock out more books, but not gonna happen. For a while anyway. She said she has to write 1500 words a day, or she plays hell catching up.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Sorry to rain on your parade Chloe Neill - Page 12 2474380249
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 9:41 am

Half way through HB, I'm so waiting for the that bad thing to happen which I know is gonna happen. I'm so invested in Ethan and Merit now, its gonna bite me in the ass I know. Will pop over to the HB thread when I'm done.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:34 am

Yay GC hugs

Can't wait to chat about HB when your done Wink

So glad that you are so invested with these characters just like the rest of us. Such a fun series
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:37 am

Okay.... I actually really liked this book.

Now I wait to see how that vision that included a pair of green eyes.... Ethan's eyes (but not Ethan).... will fit into things. And how Merit is practically family and will some day save Connor????

A lot going on, still. In any case.... I would have liked a bit more smexy... but I'm cool with how things played out. I actally really like Jacob?, too. The Grey house dude.

anyway.... gotta go. I'm happy that we don't have to wait a whole year for the next book.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:01 am

OMG! I'm a blubbering mess now! !!!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:39 am

twirling Greencat--Knew this book was going to leave you all.... why!!!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 1:04 pm

roflmao at Greencat! Yes, it will make your mouth fall open and not in a good way.
Back to top Go down
lornadune

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 2:53 pm

I am still so sad about this book that I haven't gone back to reread it yet, which I always do! I did reread that 1 scene though, just to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. Sadly, they weren't. CN has said to trust her and I will but I will not be anticipating the next book like I did with this one. Which is a shame though because up until that moment I thought it was a great book. I was even liking it better than DR. My 2 favorite series, both books come out on the same day and neither one left me satisfied. AS a reader I do feel somewhat gyped!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Almost like there torturing us!
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 8:56 pm

star HB star

I have faith in CN with this one, she set up so well. I'm both mad and impressed how she got us so involved with Ethan and Merit, all the love stuff etc.

Where are you people you told me you would be here when I read it!
How am I surpose to deal alone!!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 9:24 pm

Damn GC just missed you..
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:17 pm

star HB star
Awwww... Greencat, I know it was torture. But I really, really don't think he is dead. Something doesn't add up. Go back and read my theories and uap's. Maybe it will make you feel better.

I don't know. Sure I was mad and frustrated but I think I am probably waiting for the next book more than any other, because I want to find out WTF! I don't like it, and it makes me sad, but I gotta know. So I am probably looking forward to the next book more than this one. Because it can only go uphill from what I feel now.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:04 am

Wow, there's a few posts to read through! I've finally got to HB after waiting almost 2 weeks longer to get it on kindle in Australia than you guys did Rolling Eyes Where the logic in that is, I don't know. 15% of the way through, so back to reading for me now.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:01 pm

If it makes you feel better b4v I had to wait till the 12th to download as well, my book hasn't even turned up.

I'm feeling better about the book now smile
Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:56 am

Soooo weird.... I went back and read over all the reactions to spoilers HARD BITTEN.

star star why!!! star star

Oddly enough, I didn't have the same reaction or 'over reaction' (some might argue) as others did. I think it's great that everyone is so passionate about the story/ characters. I've always been a fan of Ethan. Never big on Morgan. Like Catcher. Love Jeff. Like Jacob. I like the banter and Merit's snarky comments. I actually felt the opposite of some in that I found Merit to be more mature in this one. As for the writing... I think it's getting stronger. The first 2 books had me cringing a bit in places... though I had no such problems on my reread... enjoyed the books even more.

I'm very thankful that I did reread the series again so I got to see the development of the characters ---- have it fresh in my mind. Perhaps that's why I wasn't upset. I mean, I got teary eyed for a bit, but I wasn't crushed. I support anyone's right to walk away from a series and to be mad. That's fine. So, if someone doesn't want to buy or read the next book... that's cool. I, however, CANNOT WAIT for the next book. I am totally invested and can't wait to see where Chloe is taking us.

I DO agree that this series is as much about Ethan as it is about Merit. Come on... He's Mr. Darcy for goodness sake. I look forward to seeing how the series plays out. I think Ethan will be a big part of the next book (in one fashion or another)... whether he stays a pile of ash or not.

Okay... I've said my piece.

Now, back to Gin Blanco and Adrien English... smile.

Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 6:52 am

Happy birthday Chloe Neill!
Good thoughts Dew
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:56 am

star HB star

Now that I'm over my initial reaction if wanting to throw the book across the room in a fit of anger, I'm with Dew - can't wait to see where CN takes us from here. I'm still reeling from the loss very sad Mad very sad cussing very sad wtf why!!! very sad , but I'm hoping that Ethan's return is in the plan, somehow pray and there does seem to be enough foreshadowing for it to be a possibility.

I think Merit's father takes over from Allie's as biggest scumbag father and I just wan't to slap some sense into Darius or possibly just knock him out! I liked the banter and thought the book was really good, I wouldn't have felt so devastated if it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:46 pm

spoilers HB spoilers
I have to agree, I was a little angry but not totally pissed, mostly because CN said to trust her, and warned us. If she hadn't of done that, I would have probably been over the top angry not understanding how she could do such a thing.

I figure one way or the other it will work out in the end. And I agree that I am probably going to be more excited, anxious and looking forward to reading the next book, just because I want to know WTH!!!!

fiesta Happy Birthday Chloe Neill fiesta

Last edited by Oh Yes on Tue May 17, 2011 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong emoticon shortcut)
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 8:55 pm

star spoilers HB spoilers star

I think the tattoo may have been imbued with magic and it has somehow stopped Ethan's soul from dying and that the answer to returning him is something to do with the dark keys.

I really liked Jonah, and if there had never been an Ethan, I'd like an HEA for Merit with him, but Ethan has spoiled me for an HEA with anyone else, especially after the way we got to see him in this book.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 11:46 pm

It does make the wait for the next one more exciting. Cause we all want to know what's going to happen next. I think now that the shock has worn off I can trust CN and be excited about the next book and Thankful we don't have to wait a whole year or a devastating 2 yrs like I just found out I have to for the next Mercy book..
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 6:16 pm

spoilers star spoilers

very sad

I finally finished HB and WOW. I'm shocked. I had a feeling someone was going to die, but I had convinced myself it wasn't going to be Ethan. I can't wait to see where CN is going to go next. I'm can't decide if I think Ethan will be gone for good or not. I hope not. I'm sad, but at the same time I'm thinking maybe we haven't seen the last of him. Ethan was pretty fantastic this book.
I need to go back and read Gabriel's vision and something about Ethan's eyes, but not exactly his eyes. Hmmmm....
I have a lot of posts to catch up on, so I'll make some comments after I skim through. I also have to take a look at CN's website because from what I have read I see talk about a message from CN asking her readers to trust her.
I can't even discuss Jonah yet or Morgan. I feel I'm betraying Ethan. Just joking, kinda....
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 11:43 pm

star star star
OK, I read through the previous posts and can I just say that I'm so glad you guys are around and you have such great imaginations. I didn't have even a glimmer of a theory on how Ethan may come back. I'm loving the magical interference on Tate's part. We still don't know what sort of being he is, right? I didn't put together the ghost/Mallory hint either. You guys are great.
I wasn't as mad as most about Ethan. Mostly, I feel it's pretty brave of an author to do something so drastic. CN has dug herself a pretty big hole and I'm interested to see how she'll get out. Hey, what can I say, I'm along for the ride.

cheers Thanks so much for the theories. They will definitely help me get through to November. phewwwww
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 6:26 pm

star HB star

Greencat--I promised to be here when you finished. I am so sorry. I have been so busy, I haven't even been reading...or anything but work!

I was one of the really upset, never buying another CN book,,,EVER people. Yeah. Sure. That lasted about as long as it took my friends here to talk me back into my questionable sanity. I ALWAYS over react. Can't seem to help it. I just get way too invested in the characters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chloe Neill
Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next