Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chloe Neill

Go down 
+16
DEW
Starbrites
lornadune
2shay
calimama
b4v
sabby
uapeople
Greencat
kimba
Oh Yes
hopsngrapes
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
Dragonlady
gracious-plenty
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage

Chloe Neill - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:16 pm

star SPOILERS star

I am done with Chloe Neill. Sorry, but I am so fucking pissed I can't stand it. "Trust Me" she says. wtf

I did trust her and this is what I get????? tricky

Not a big fan of crying over vampire fiction and yet here I am doing so!!! why!!!

I don't care if Merit ends up with Jonah or Morgan or whoever else. Not interested. I am going to ask for a refund on my book and I have NEVER done that before. devil

I couldn't even finish the last two chapters after the "big incident". tantrum

Not that this matters, but the food references were overkill and the snark/witty banter got on my nerves as Merit did it with everyone - not just Malory and Jeff as in the past. Seems like she was trying too hard to be funny.

I haved loved all her books, but I am done, spent, tortured beyond belief, and I don't see a change of heart in the future.

Why spend soooooooooo much time with a character only to do that to him/her???

On another note, Morgan is a spoiled little ass in a position he only has because of Merit. At least he can't kiss Celina's ass anymore. Bitch that she was.

Onwards and upwards..... cheers

Last edited by Autumnleaves on Wed May 04, 2011 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:22 am

star star star star

I finished about 20 minutes ago. My face is a mess, I can't breathe, and I'm so fucking pissed!!!!!

WTF?WTF? I mean, wtf WHAT THE FUCK??????????????

Why? I don't understand? I agree autumn why spend so much time building it up to end it that way? I"m so crushed Sad

Maybe I shouldn't comment while grieving but I don't want ot read anymore without Ethan. Maybe there is some way for him to come back but it better be good. AND....It better be believable. Anyway, right now I think CN is mean because I'm gonna have big puffy eyes in the morning. I almost stopped reading another series for a similar evil act.

omg I'm so unhappy!

Morgan is suck a PUNK ASS BITCH!!!! What is wrong with him?

Darius sucks, I wish that was explained better. I guess he's an old vamp and they are above everyone else yap-yap I just thought the GP came off ass total idiots. Maybe making us lean toward the RG?

Tate didn't totally surprise me but daddy did. I wonder if the rest of the family knows? Thank goodness Ethan didn't do it. Not that it FUCKING matters anymore. I'm so sad!!! I hate this kind of shit!

Alright I'm done. For now Mad Mad Mad Sad Sad Sad spoilers

Last edited by showmethelove on Thu May 05, 2011 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:27 am

SMTL - Was the other series Kim Harrison? Cuz I felt the same way!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:32 am

Why yes Autumn it was Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:57 am

star star star SPOILERS star star star

I knew it! thinking

That almost did me in as well and I only read that book last month! So, two huge losses in a short amount of time! No No

Side note: I finished the KH series up until her latest PD and LOVED IT!

I don't know if CN is possible of convincing me that Merit can love someone else. And, I don't know if I could believe in a Jonah or Morgan yes master

Ethan was as much of a part of the story as Merit. We only see glimpses of Morgan or Jonah or other. I could understand if she turned Ethan evil and he really didn't love Merit. But, CN went to so much trouble in this book convincing us that Ethan truly loved Merit.

I am pissed and I can't take it anymore! why!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:06 am

star star star Spoilers star star star

The only thing that gives me a smidgen of hope is that Gabriel can see into the future and he sees Merit as being a protector (presumably of his son). And, he knows that Ethan loves merit and he did see green eyes. I just don't know if a dream sequence, or reincarnation, or "ghost" Ethan would be believable. However, I am not CN and I can't see into her future.

I"ll just say for now I am pissed and am not a believer! I got so many people involved in this series because I loved it so much, now I feel like going into hinding as a result of this book!! Mad
Back to top Go down
lornadune

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:45 am

Just finished it last night and all I have to say is very sad very sad very sad
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:48 am

star HB star

Ok you guys I'm just making this short and will post my thoughts in a longer one once I get to work.
I know that the ending sucks ass. Chloe is obviously catching major shit righ now from readers. But.... please remember that this is her world, her creation and she has a plan. There were a lot of hints that were obvious to me how this is all gonna come into play. Here's the other thing, this may not have been something planned. What I mean by that is she may have been pressured by her editor/publisher to make something happen. She has two releases in one year. I see this also as a huge marketing ploy. Yes fans are going to be mega pissed but they will want to know if it's the actual end for Ethan. Which her trust me is obvious so I don't believe it is.
Ok back in a sec

Whit hugs air kiss
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:48 am

star HB
If CH didn't say "Trust Me" and if not for the visions and the 2 sets of green eyes, I would have given up on the series. I am sorry to say that. I mean I kept up with Kim Harrison after her horrible moment, but I feel the same as my twin. Why basically make a series that has dual main characters to kill one off who was just as big a part of the series as Merit? I am thinking either A) we will have some sort of strange debacle like in the upcoming Jim Butcher's Ghost story or B) she somehow even though it can't happen is pregnant. And as much as Jonah seems likable, he is also too good to be true and the fact that Catcher and others seemed so shocked she knew him tells me something is up with him. I feel terrible because Ethan 1st chose her over his house with the idiot GP guy and then again chose her life over his. I do know she is a big Diana Gabaldon fan, so will she turn back time and fix it? Could it be a dream sequence or did she see a possible future and then go back and change the outcome? UGH ....so mad! I agree she is a great author and she must know how much she infuriated her fans, but I just can't read a Merit series without Ethan. He was there in her thoughts and one the page from day 1. I am not criticing the author, I am just upset. I will wait and see what happens in Nov, but I am not sure how I will feel or if I will read it without Ethan as good as an author as she is. I know that's stupid, but I'm hurt and if she goes with Jonah or some other man it will hurt me more. The only man that actually makes sense if if Gabe's wife dies and she goes to him at some point, but still even that wouldn't be the same.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:24 am

Please do not mention spoilers from other authors series in your posts!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:37 am

star SPOILER star

Hey twin! CN did say that the meaning of Ethan's tattoo would come into play in a future book. So maybe that will come into play with him coming back if that is the plan.

I'll have to hear the reviews on the November release before I buy and/or read it.

The books are usually so peppy and snarky and upbeat. I don't want to read about a depressed Merit or a Merit that jumps back on her feet and in the sack with the next guy. But that's just me. Rolling Eyes

I mean no disrespect towards CN and she has every right to write whatever she wants. It's a free country. twirling Just voicing my opinion which means nothing to anyone but me.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:44 am

star HB
Huh- I forgot about the tattoo and he did say she and him were inevitable. I just don't see coming back from that. But the good thing about fantasy based series it that the author creates the rules.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 11:18 am

star HB star

Ok here are my thoughts for realz now smile

I don't think this is the last we've seen of Ethan. There's too much foreshadowing for it to be otherwise: the dream, the introduction to the "Dark Keys" in this book, Ethan screaming in Merit's head, the magic between them, etc. Also don't forget that when Mal's tudor Simon came, it was to take her on a Ghost Tour. Ethan is to big of a main character to X off the list this early in the series. I also feel that this just isn't Merit's story. Its Ethan's as well.
thinking Now the way I see it is for Ethan to selflessly throw himself in front of Merit to protect her from certain death, and willingly sacrifice himself for her, he's making it clear he chooses her. He tried to tell her how he really feels about her. But she stopped him from saying the "L" word. Right? Now think back to TB. What took place in that book. The opposite is what happened, right? His death may force her to not only realize just how much they love each other, but also that she can trust him with her heart again. Trust him with everything really. Most of the time a person must hit their low before they can pick themseleves back up and make a difference. Gabe's previous comments about the visions, the Black Keys, Merit's own uniquiness(different than other vamps)I think this will all come into play. I just hope that CN doesn't torture us and DD makes us all very happy again.

I see the book as genius. Cruel, but genius. There are so many vamp/sup books out there now. So what hasn't been done already, I say? This is Chloe's fictional world. Someone commented earlier along the lines of how could Ethan come back and it be believeable. Well the cool thing is, it doesn't have to be. This is fiction. I mean 20 years ago there were not vamps in books or movies that could walk out in the sun, or vamps that could sparkle.roflmao Mostly the vamps were allergic to garlic and holy water, and the sun would fry their asses.
So all I'm saying is that I am keeping a very open mind. The book to me again, brilliant !!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 11:25 am

Can someone please remind me about Ethan's tattoo!

GP, I'm trying to be positive. It's just too fresh at the moment Sad
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 11:41 am

star HB
gp I was thinking about the foreshadowing and the hints as well. Good job wrapping the last and the next books with the L word. (I thinking of Jennifer Beals now...LOL). But he didn't get her back in his bed yet (well in bed without the nookie). He didn't get to say I love you. He didn't get to find out about Jonas and how she knows him. He didn't get to tell her that he told her dad no. She didn't get to apologize for pushing him away for his pushing her away when she did the same thing later on. She get to tell him she forgave him. Just so much was left unsaid when he died, but on the other hand isn't that real life? I just remember the green eyes that looked like Ethan's but yet weren't quite the same. The tattoo wasn't mentioned in the reread I just did of book 2 and 3 (well that I remember). It must have been in book 1. Maybe Mallory did some magic and made them only think he dies but instead did some dimensional shifting or some craziness.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:14 pm

star HB star

That is exactly right uap, and just think how sweet it's going to be when he gets to say and do all those things. Wink
It just sucks that we have to wait what, 5 months or so. :cuss

This is too all those that need one right now hugs hugs
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:45 pm

I too need to be reminded about the tattoo. Sad thing is I just read all the books only a few weeks ago and I don't recall it.. TMI and my brain goes fuzzy!!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:48 pm

star spoilers HB spoilers star

So I'm assuming I'm not as pissed as most everyone else because I really wasnt as fond of Ethan as everyone else (well until this book); I was more shocked and of course sad. But I do maintain I think its an absolute bold move on CN's part. I also almost stopped reading another series because of heartache and am glad I didnt so...... I'm keeping an open mind.

And although I understand the desire to bring him back in some form or another, considering as stated he was such an integral part of the story whether it would actually make the best story. I mean certainly its fiction and fantasy on top of that but the most compelling stories are the ones that are the most relatable (imo); which include loss and heartache. shit Even though there were things left undone and unsaid between them ultimately Merit was given the best gift, to know he truly loved her and put her first... so he found his redemption, is there anything more?? I'm not sure just babbling to myself.

But I'm definitely intrigued on where CN is going with this new direction; I guess we'll see in November!! its nots me
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:11 pm

did you just say something. Sorry, I was staring at the ladder again!

star HB
It was a great book and a bold move. I just don't see why you would jump the shark so much. She could havee killed off grandpa, daddy, sister, mommy, Gabe, Gabe's wife, Noah, Jonas, Luc, Lindsay or even Morgan. I mean killing off Catcher, Jeff, Mallory would have been just as bold a move without removing such a main character that is so much on page and in her thoughts as Ethan. Really it all comes down to Ethan in her head. Every decision. Every time she was mad or happy or anything mostly had to do with Ethan. Yeah, grieving will keep him in her thoughts, but it won;t be the same no matter what. It will be a completely new format as she will be without him.
Back to top Go down
lornadune

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:33 pm

star star star HB star star star

It is almost 24 hours and I am still very sad very sad very sad

BUT I can see the foreshadowing and I hope somehow she brings him back. I don't want it to be ghost form though! He needs to have a body for that yummy body so that WE can have some more sex scenes between them! It was a bold move on CN's part and she says "trust me" so I am going to trust her and wait for the next book. BUT I won't be waiting as anxiously as last time. I wonder if this is why they are giving us 2 books this year? We need some type of bone right now!

sigh--still very sad

It has been a rough couple of days! I wait anxiously for my 2 favorite series to come out for a whole year, and neither has given me satisfaction! I hate series!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:16 pm

Very interesting points made on Chloe's message board http://forums.chloeneill.com/index.php?topic=33.0

I am just glad I read this before Charlaine's new one to get my mind focused elsewhere...LOL
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:05 pm

star star HB star star

I have been a fan of CN for the last 2 years. But as of HB I cancelled my preorder of DD.
Here are a few of my issues with the book:

1 Merit is a 27+yr old grad student who seems very immature to me. her comments,etc don't reflect the scholar type she is suppose to be.

2. catcher telling Merit the sex with her bext friend is great...ahhh..gross! That line wasn't needed,mad me think eww of catcher.

3. Celina's death...whimpy way out. I was expecting a big fight between the gals,nada

4 Tate..surrise,evil politician

5 Ethan's ending :evil: I am just so mad,and I knew weeks ago,and that still didn't help!

Trust her.. I ask,why? What's that suppose to mean? trust her to what...to find new guy for Merit? have his ghost floating around talking to her,like the ghost and Mrs Muir?

I also knew about the hint about the tatto and magic for the next book,but the tatto is ash just like Ethan.so there's no tatoo.

Over all very disappointed in the book.

star star

I have been so looking forward to this addtion to a fav series; and now this series is one that I can honestly say,eh,over it. I would love for her to pull me back and have me kiss her feet by writing an epic 5th book,I just worry she bit off too much for a new writer.

Sad
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:46 pm

star HB spoilers

I'm glad somebody felt the same way about the dialogue; I thought maybe I was being too harsh. But yeah that's how I felt that Merit in particular just seemed so immature in this one. I love a great punch line; but there is a lot to be said about timing and context. And it felt like the only one that was capable of a serious adult conversation was Ethan; which ironically is possibly why I was warming up to him.

Its realistic for Merit to have that witty banter with Mallory but it starts to get old with Lyndsey and Catcher. And even the fun flirting with Jeff is getting repetetive!!!

I still overall enjoyed the book, even though the ending was brutal. Oh and I agree Kimba about the anticlimatic demise of Celina!!! I mean really she was like the Queen manipulator bitch and her last moments are of a drug addicted, mind-controlled victim??? Ok now I'm sounding negative again??

And UA, yeah of course it would have been a big deal if anyone of the other central characters were lost and it would be sad. But certainly not as devastatingly impactful to the direction of future books; just look at the strong reactions!! Especially with what you were saying about Ethan in her head he really was in a scene even if wasnt physically in it..... so I'm def curious how CN is going to pull this off.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:50 pm

spoilers

It's all very Spock in Bones head from Star Trek. Is that his consciousness and it will be transferred?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:13 pm

star Hard Bitten star

Finished.

Sh-i-it!!!!! Series over!!

Maybe not. Mallory was ghost hunting.

Nope. Series over!

Damn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill   Chloe Neill - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chloe Neill