SearchHomeMemberlistRegisterLog inFAQ

Share | 

Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:14 am

I am a little over a third through. Not reading you comments because I am trying for once not to spoiler myself. OK, so Cam is devisitated, Liv breaks up with him on new year's eve 10 minutes before the count down and when he was going to ask her to marry him. I get it he's totally devistated, but the break up came so out of nowhere, seriously how could anyone take it for what it is. Yeah I know he's extra emotional, but he must know deep down that something happened and it isn't him or their relationship, so why in hell would he ruin a possible future with her by sleeping with her HS best friend? And I guess it must have been unprotected when he never got Liv preggers. That is just so very wrong. Any why would Anne do that to a relationship she knows is perfect especially knowing about the bonding and possibly even knowing the reason why they broke up. Drunk or not and broken over her break up or not is not excuse for her either. Now, here's my theory. I wanted to get this down before I read more tonight - maybe the same person who told Liv that something horrible will happen if she and Cam stay together told Anne that she must break up with her boyfriend and sleep with Cam unprotected in order to have a child. I assume this child is very powerful in order to be the target of the hot or they are trying to get Anne, but I think instead they are trying to get to Cam and that whoever ordered the hot knew about the kid's paternity. OK so there it is. Now, I have a horrible feeling that at some point Cam will get to tell Live everything and that Liv will tell him and they will resolve everything but that Cam will die either protecting him kid or Liv.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:29 am

I thought Cam gave up too easily when Liv broke up with him too. Her behavior changed so abruptly, you'd think he'd at least demand to know what Noelle had said to upset her. And then to hop in bed with her friend....that seems pretty out of character for a guy who pined after Liv for 6 years!

star Spoilers afoot! star

It didn't seem like he fought the compulsion to shoot Liv nearly as hard as Liv fought the compulsion to agree to Anne's favor. Perhaps Cam is weak-willed?

Ruben does remind me of Trent!

I hope we do get some updates on Cam and Liv in Kori's book. They got a HFN, and I'd like to see their HEA.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:54 am

The whole sleeping with the BFF was weird. I would be very uncomfortable around both of them when all present. You know? Because deep down that little remind will always be like a slap in the face.
A constant reminder that they did in fact sleep together. Whether it was only a one timer and both were drunk, it would be hard to move passed that. For me anyways

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:35 am

Well I snuck in a little reading. They just slept together. It sucks that the person who's name she is looking for she can't give one of the best name finders. Hope it isn't his middle name- now that would be a kicker if she was bound to kill him! If Noelle is missing or dead then she is obviously key to everything. Funny that she is the prescient one. Wondering when he's going to tell her about wanting to propose and him and Anne. Hopefully he never slept with any of her other friends. I have a feeling the girls house they passed that he used to see is going to also be key. I also wonder if they are kidnapping gifted ones and draining their blood for humans to be transfused with.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:36 am

and yes, AWKWARD! and yes I was thinking the same thing- not really in his personality to just throw it all away like that. he did pine for 6 years and he had to know something happened.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:46 am

I agree, I'd have to either dump the friend or the guy. Most likely both.

But Liv would also be very hard to forgive, considering when and how she broke up with Cam. Honestly? I think if they had gotten married then that they'd be headed to divorceville within 6 years anyway. They were both acting selfishly and didnt communicatw. They weren't ready for marriage, imo.

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:22 pm

I was thinking the same thing. If they hadn't been apart they wouldn't have realized what they took for granted when they were together and missing that and seeing it from afar is what makes it worthwhile even if it means one of their lives.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:42 am

I also would have liked to see a progression in Liv and Cam's relationship kinda like a Cat and Bones one...speaking of C&B they just released a special edition ebook of the 1st one (Halfway to the Grave) that includes extras like deleted scenes and alternate scenes. And it is 1.99.

star Ending star
I think she will with conditions...or maybe Anne's being the mom will help her dictate conditions. I think she did pull all the string BUT I wonder why she pulled the string of Cam and Anne sleeping together. It's funny how it never even crossed Anne's mind about them thinking the kid his...LOL. I think Cav will be the much lesser of the 2 head honchos. I also think we may see more of his softer side BUT hitting women and him cheating on his wife is not something I would tolerate. He is early Trent like but I think much worse. I'd like to see more of Kori and computer chick and who is next in line after Tower. I also want to know more about her old boss. I liked him. A lot.

Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:54 am

I just finished blood bound.. WOW! The world building was brilliant.. It made a change from the usual vamp/werewolf/fae/witchy books.

A few things that I didn't like:
I didn't like the ending with both of them being signed to Cav..After all the hard work Liv did.. I hope they manage to get out of it.
I hated Anna esp when she forced Liv to kill the man who killed her husband and then got all shocked when Liv told her that she should kill him herself if she wanted him dead.. Liv made it clear that she didn't want the blood on her hands but Anna didn't care as long as her hands were clean. Even Cam was giving Liv a hard time and siding with Anna and acting like LIv was an awful person because she told Anna to do it herself.. Cam should have been siding with the so called love of his life. So what if your a mother.. everyone's something to someone!
Anna and Cam sleeping together I can't believe they would do that to Liv .. I don't care if your drunk and upset. I know Liv dumped Cam but the way she did it was obvious something wasn't right.. if he loved her soo much why didn't he fight for her and demand answers instead of sleeping with her friend.. he knew something wasn't right because he did ask her later but only after he'd slept with Anna.. as soon as I read that Anna/Cam slept together I just felt it cheapened LIv/Cam's relationship.
Cam shooting Liv.. why couldn't he fight the compulsion??.. was it stronger than Liv/Anna's compulsion. I would like a bit of clarification because I though you could fight any compulsion for a an amount of time but to do so would cause you pain.. couldn't Cam have fought the compulsion for a little while and handled the pain?
Hated Anna soo much.. I couldn't sympathise with her at all.. she was righteous and holier than thou, everyone was putting their lives at risk for her.. I think if Kori/Liv/Cam would ever need help she would do as little as poss and make them feel guilty for even asking because she's a mother.. whatever she's just a self centred shrew.
Lastly I didn't like that Cam was upset when he forund out Hadley wasn't his daughter.. it made no sense he should have felt relieved. He only thought for a few hours that she could be his daughter.. how could he be upset that he didn't have a child with the love of his life's friend, a child he didn't even suspect was his until a few hrs ago.. a child who's he doesn't know and who's missed the first 5 yrs of their life, a child that who would be a constant reminder of him sleeping with Liv's best friend.. he should have felt relief, it's not like he's old, he's got plenty of time to have a family with Liv.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:43 am

Loved the comments. Does anyone kmow when the next book will be available?
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:54 am

RV's world building was brilliant ferdy!!
So glad to see you coming back to the site too.
We like to see new faces and discuss all our favorite books and writers.

I was pissed about Cam sleeping with her. And like most said, just because your drunk is no freaking excuse.

I think the next book is June 2012

Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:49 pm

June!?!?!? why!!!

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   

Back to top Go down

Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3