Darynda Jones

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:20 am

Hmmm, how far away from Wichita is Lubbock? smile

I read a while ago that Darynda's schedule is a book release every 6 months. reyes

Last edited by Doppleganger on Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:08 pm

Dopple--She went to Amarillo a couple of weeks after she was in Lubbock last time. Problem is.....she didn't tell anyone the date until the morning of! no idea Makes it hard to plan! I think I will see if she will give us the dates. Let's try to ask during the chat! Amarillo would be closer for you and not that bad for me! Squeeeee......can you say lunch date? Whitney? Whit?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:02 pm

How did we ever plan trips before mapquest? smile
Amarillo is a 6.5 hr drive. Very doable, if I know about it far enough in advance.

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
calimama

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:49 pm

star
I just finished Second Grave on the Left last night.
I'm dying to read the next book now. What is going to happen to Reyes now? reyes
What will happen to Charley the next time she needs Reyes? What the heck did she do to that cop she knew from high school? What does Mistress Marigold know?

Ahhh, so many questions. I love it when a book leaves me eager to read the next installment.
I'm going to try to make it back for the chat.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:19 pm

Cali.....Yay!

Dopple.....6 1/2 hours is still a long drive! I haven't looked it up, but I have made the drive several times and I think Amarillo is about 4 1/2 hours from me. Lubbock is 1. But......if you want to go....and we can get the date........I am in! Whitney should come, too!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:47 pm

Everyplace is a long drive from Wichita! Seems like anyplace worth going is at least 6 hours.

star Second Grave star

I wondered what would happen next time Charley needs help too, cali! At some pount she's going to need to release Reyes. She gets herself into too much trouble. But maybe left on her own she'll learn more about her abilities.

Crap, i'm drawing a blank about the cop she knew from high school. Might need to reread before the chat!

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
calimama

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Holy crap. I thought the chat was today for some reason. Was it previously scheduled for today? Where has my mind gone? cuckoo
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:48 pm

No, nothing is today. At least I hope not cause I'm folding Mt. Laundry and haven't been online.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:38 pm

Sooooo GP what is the story with the ARC? Are you sworn to keep it secret or are you allowed to share? What are the rules? Do we even now the rules? So happy dance for you, and a little tiny bit jealous but I'm sure that will pass after a bit of poke and I\'m waiting and secret and just a little tantrum

Ok thats me done I have got my smile fix be right back almost roflmao
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:45 pm

Greencat wrote:
Sooooo GP what is the story with the ARC? Are you sworn to keep it secret or are you allowed to share? What are the rules? Do we even now the rules? So happy dance for you, and a little tiny bit jealous but I'm sure that will pass after a bit of poke and I\'m waiting and secret and just a little tantrum

Ok thats me done I have got my smile fix be right back almost roflmao

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:22 pm

omg roflmao

Well I will verify what the exact rules are but this will be a first for me to ever get an ARC.

I've heard mention that a letter may be included that could indicate what I can do !!!

2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:20 am

I don't care. Even if we don't ever get to read it, you can tell us the differences after the release of Third.....
Back to top Go down
kimba

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:53 am

Hey gp:
when you read book 3 ARC please dish on if there's more romance/sexy scenes. I NEED hotness in my books. Book 2 didn't have that,so I am hoping book 3 gives us R/C stuff. I love Reyes andt I want more of them together ASAP!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:35 pm

YOu know kimba..I still haven't received it. Her pub sent me a message telling me that I was getting one, but I still haven't seen it Sad

So I will be reading it when everyone else does. lol

I love me some :reyes: too heart

2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:19 pm

First Grave On The Right won the New Mexico book Award for romance! Way to go, Darynda!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:37 pm

cheers Congrats Darynda cheers
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:45 pm

cheers Darynda excited

Much deserved darl'n

ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:15 pm

I finally got around to Darynda Jones.. SPOILERS FOR BOOK 1 AND 2. I loved the first book, the second I liked but not as much.. The first book had a good blend of humour, mystery and romance. I love Cookie and Uncle Bob, I liked her relationship with her dad but I was a bit stumped as to why her dad didn't do anything about her stepmum's and sister's behaviour towards Charley. He must have seen how much it hurt her, why didn't he defend her more..? She felt ostarcized by them but he did nothing to remedy that.
The second book didn't flow as well for me, nonetheless I still enjoyed it. There were parts that had me rolling me eyes and mouthing WTF, like:

-Charley's neverending humour, it grated on me and gets tiresome after a while especially in deadly situations.. she just kept cracking wise and I found I couldn't take her seriously due to the misplaced humour.

- Her relationship with Reyes was pretty hot in the fist book but in this one I wasn't as keen.. her relationship with Reyes is based on 1. Sexing her up, 2. Saving her life or 3. Threatening her and keeping secrets from her. There was no development for me from the first book. They have few conversations in this book other than Charley pestering Reyes about where his human body is, but yet they are madly, deeply in love with each other. Oh and also when Reyes calls Charley a whore.. ah just what every girl wants to hear from the man they love.
I feel that Reyes only loves Charley because she's this oh so special portal to heaven and he sees her as his salvation. I think if her sister Gemma was the portal he'd be sexing her up and it'd be all Charley who?. Equally I think Charley only loves Reyes because he's sooo beautiful (as were told a thousand times- I swear Charley sounds lke a prepubescent teenager sometimes when she's describing his looks), all powerful and he's oh so good with his hands (as a lover and a killer).. I hope in the third book we see a bit more to their relationship and we see more communication between the two.

-My biggest problem with this book is the resolution with her dad, her dad betrays her and ultimately chooses the life of her stepmum (who is just awful- I HATE the woman) and sister over her. I understand why he did it but something like that you wouldn't just get over it would always hurt you and it would irrecovably change your relationship.. but no Charley is hurt for all of 2 minutes before it's forgotten about.. I just didn't buy it, Charley should have been devestated for a long time and then eventually forgiven him but that doubt, insecurity and the shadow of his betrayl should have always been there in the background to effect their realtionship.

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:01 pm

Glad you liked them ferdy!!!

star General Spoilers Books 1&2 star

I've wondered about the attraction between Reyes and Charley too. He's been protecting her since she was born, long before her looks or personality were formed. I think Darynda has said they are soul-mates, so maybe they are drawn to each other despite themselves.
Reyes was a butthead in Book 2! Sooo many times I wanted to slap him silly, but I guess Charley did that one better by trapping him in that body.

I didn't mind the resolution of the conflict between Charley and her dad as much as I mind him allowing his wife to treat Charley so awful. The shadow of that betrayal may still come back, we'll see what happens in book 3.

I know she's completely inappropriate with it, but Charley's inability to be serious cracks me up. But I like machine-gun paced humor in books....not everyone does.

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Darynda wrote a Christmas themed micro-story. It's super-quick, and just adorable.

Darynda's Flash Fiction Christmas Story

Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:56 pm

I just read the Darynda's xmas story, it's very cute and funny!

Her stepmother is the worst I hope she gets her comeuppance. I don't get how her sister and dad love her though.. at first I thought she was probably a good person underneath it all and she's just acts horribly to Charley because she's scared of her abilities but when Charley describes her aura and how it shows she's just a crap person I just got really confused.. I mean her dad was a cop for 20yrs and her sister's a psychologist, their both clever so how don't they see the stepmother for what she is?? I was really disgusted by the stepmother in the 2nd book when Charley says she could feel her stepmother's relief that the killer went after Charley and not her... WTF!! she's 'raised' Charley since she was a baby.. and to be relieved that her daughter was almost killed and not her.. sick, sick, sick.

I hope Reyes and Charley are soulmates because then I could understand the way they feel for each other, the first book they were hot together then in the second I felt something was missing.. hopefully the next book they'll get more interaction and develop more as a couple.

I don't like her dad anymore after what he did.. but I think that's because i've got daddy issues myself, who knows no idea
Back to top Go down
kimba

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:53 am

I hope they are soul amtes,cause I really want to see some progress in their relationship. Yes they have hot moments,but have to say it's still very lacking for me. I LOVE bad boys,so I am keeping my fingers crossed we see more,and please no triangles!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:17 pm

Love Love Love this series excited excited

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Ok, now where in the world do I get the christmas story?? I feel left behind that I have not read it yet..

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:43 pm

Scroll up to my last post, and click on "Darynda's Flash Fiction Christmas Story". It's a link. smile

You can also find it on Darynda's website: www.daryndajones.com, under "Extras".

Enjoy!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   

Back to top Go down

Darynda Jones
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next