Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Darynda Jones

Go down 
+10
kimba
calimama
Starbrites
Greencat
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
uapeople
showmethelove
Doppleganger
gracious-plenty
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
2shay

Darynda Jones - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:48 pm

But, I love my iPad. Are they that different, Sabby?
Back to top Go down
Darynda Jones

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:50 pm

Hey all!!!! I'll look at her questions and get them answered here. In the meantime, we'll schedule another chat. So sorry about this!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:54 pm

We are too. I will get with tech support and report what happened. Thanks again DJ.

We all are dying to discuss TGDA!!!
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Darynda Jones

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:02 pm

Oh Yes! TGDA was AWESOME! I have no idea why maybe it's my love for Bad Ass Biker guys in leather but I loved Donovan!
Back to top Go down
Darynda Jones

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:05 pm

SOOOOO many people have told me that, Starbrites. I love Donovan! I brought him in for a reason, then change it when I changed the ending of TGDA. He has a great bit in book 4 though. Too fun. (I even had one woman beg me to, if nothing else, do a short story of a moment with Charley and Donovan "together", in case it doesn't happen in the book. Hahaha!)
Back to top Go down
Darynda Jones

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Ferdy's questions:

-does Charley's dad love her as much as he does his wife and Gemma?

Absolutely, maybe more.

-Why did charley's sister and dad let charley's stepmum get away with treating charley poorly and making her feel left out? Didn't they realise or care how it made Charley feel?

I think Dad’s are sometimes oblivious. They think that girls need a mother no matter the consequences, and those were his thoughts. He just wanted his girls to have a mother. I also think he worked so much, he didn’t see the whole picture.

-Why does Reyes show more affection to his friends- Bianca and Amador than Charley??because he loves(?) Charley but only shows her lust and anger in between threatening her?? Charley needs some affection too.

Yes, she does. I think he is so in love with her and yet so frustrated (with everything, his life, his powerlessness of being in prison, his inability to keep Charley safe), he doesn't always do the right thing. He wants her safe no matter what, but he doesn’t realize he’s made a big faux pas in how he’s handled Charley her whole life until book 4. He makes a big leap in understanding a vital role in her life that he has kept from manifesting.

-Is Charley going to forgive her dad and Reyes really quickly or will she let them suffer and grovel like they should?

Well, they are going to have to suffer a bit, naturally, but let me just say they BOTH had VERY good reasons for what they did, IMHO. You may disagree, but hopefully book 4 will make everything clear.

-Where are Reyes 'real parents' ..as in the family he was born into? do they know that Reyes is their son?? because was it not on the news that Reyes dad wasn't his bio dad and that he was kidnapped..so wouldn't his 'real parents' have heard?

Awwww, someday, grasshopper. That is a story to be told in a future book. smile

-If Charley wasn't the reaper/gateway to heaven..would Reyes still love/lust her?

Well, he saw her long before she was born on Earth, so it was that otherworldly connection that drew him to her. But, as always, there is more to the story. You’ll have to wait until book 4 to get all the juicy tidbits on this.

-Is Charley's abilities inherited from her mother or grandparents?

Neither. She was simply born into that particular family as the grim reaper. “Sent” to them, if you will.

-have there been other reapers before Charley?

Yes, many. More in book 4.

-Is Charley's stepmum going to get her comeuppance?? she's bloody awful.

She’s a complete bee-otch. She learns a bit more about Charley in book 4, but doesn’t really get her comeuppance like she deserves just yet.

Thanks for such great questions!!!! Sorry again about the chat.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:22 pm

I started writing a few questions. Guess it didn't post.

Love the idea of a Charley and Donovan Short!

Sense you changed the ending can you tell us why you were going to kill off swopes? Not that I am not happy you changed it, just curious.

Also, i love that Donovan will be in book 4 but you said sense you changed the ending that you brought him in for a reason. What was that?
Back to top Go down
Darynda Jones

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:32 pm

I also wanted to offer this interview as it answers a lot of questions similar to Fergy's. The interview is at the bottom.

http://readdrinkbebloggy.blogspot.com/2012/02/character-review-and-q-for-darynda.html

Back to top Go down
Darynda Jones

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Great questions, Starbrites!

Sense you changed the ending can you tell us why you were going to kill off swopes? Not that I am not happy you changed it, just curious.

In my original idea, I thought having Garrett incorporeal would make him a greater threat to Reyes. I realized later that not only was I wrong, but that I'd wiped that threat off the page. He is much more of a threat to him alive. Incorporeally, he can't do anything "with" her. (Well, he could. I'm a writer. I could make it happen. LOL) But the threat of him having a real relationship with Charley was no longer there. They could no longer get married and have kids, etc. Not that that's going to happen, but Reyes doesn't know that.

Also, i love that Donovan will be in book 4 but you said sense you changed the ending that you brought him in for a reason. What was that?

Basically, to be that physical threat, that dangling of a real human in Charley's real life. Reyes, while born a human, is still something else. Garrett and Donovan are just regular guys and they have something Reyes doesn't. A normal life. He sees that as a threat, as something he can never give her. But since I brought that original threat back with Garrett, Donovan's role in that area is no longer needed, although it's super, duper fun.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:46 pm

We know that Charley likes that whole biker persona. I really like Donovan....ahhh....more than Swopes ....maybe. Shoot. I like Swopes a lot, too.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 5:09 pm

I read the blogspot interview. It was really, really good. Thanks, Darynda!
Back to top Go down
Darynda Jones

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:33 pm

I am sorry I missed the chat that seemed to have technical difficulties. Thank for the amazing books. This is the first series I read since my husband passed away in May. Even though there is death and she is the grim reaper and some scenes kill me emotionally, the humor seems to get me through as well as the positive thinking and forgiveness. Thank you for that and for answering the great questions here and last week for the frostfans book club. Can't wait for #4.
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:47 pm

Woohoo my internet is working again twirling.. I felt like I was missing a limb or something when it went down. Thank you so much Darynda for answering my list of questions excited..I really admire and respect authors that will answer fangirl q's (there's not may authors that do Sad , Rachel Vincent and Kim Harrison are really good at answering all the pedantic Q's of us fangirls) and I especially adore authors that answer q's so thoroughly instead of just being vague and avoiding the questions..so thank you cheers!!! I'm one of those readers that don't like coming to their own conclusions because I just think the worst of everyone..so I like to be told exactly what's what..also the blogspot interview was brill.

It's going to sound really bad but I'm actually a little glad that the chat had technical difficulties because I really really wanted to be in the chat..so I'm hoping when it's rearranged I'll be able to join in the chat!
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:54 pm

uapeople wrote:
This is the first series I read since my husband passed away in May. Even though there is death and she is the grim reaper and some scenes kill me emotionally, the humor seems to get me through as well as the positive thinking and forgiveness. Thank you for that and for answering the great questions here and last week for the frostfans book club. Can't wait for #4.

It's amazing how a good book can help you cope when life is just rubbish..Darynda Jones, Kim Harrison, Nalini Singh, Ilona Andrews and Devon Monk are just some of the authors that help make life a little easier and a little more joyful when things get too hard...Books are the best heart
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:38 pm

OH wow those were some great insight answers from Darynda; great questions guys!!!
I'm so ecstatic that she changed the ending of book 3 star
I nearly had a heart attack when I thought we'd be losing Swopes, I LOVE him at this point even more so than Reyes!!! Yes I know he's HAWT as hell and what not; but what a dick move!!! Especially since he knew her father pulled the same mistake!!! And how could he claim that he didn't know what's his face would take it that far; I mean he knew better than anyone how sadistic he was Mad .

Although I think Donavan is a great character; I really wanted that kissing moment to be with Swopes so I'm definitely hoping that he will get his chance!! I mean Reyes really needs to sweat some!!

Thank you so much Shay for the signed 3rd book again and all the goodies; they were fantastic!!! not worthy air kiss
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:01 pm

heart heart sabby
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:09 pm

I really like Donovan more than Swopes for Charley. And I would be less upset if Reyes did something to Donovan than Swopes Wink Reyes need to get his crap together.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:21 pm

reyes has been very bad, GC! Darynda needs to punish him. sling shot whipping
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:26 pm

I wouldn't even mind a little BDSM action, if Reyes were the sub. whipping
Or Charley could punch him in the face. I'm good either way.

I prefer Donovan for Charley too, because I'd hate to lose all the Charley/Swopes banter if they got involved. For all the flirting Charley and Swopes do, I can't picture them together. Maybe because I have a hard time seeing them being nice to each other long enough to make anything happen!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:24 pm

That's about how I feel. It would be just wrong for her and Swopes to be in a relationship. There banter is priceless and I think them hooking up would ruin that. It amazes me how I much I love Donovan sense he was not a huge part of the story but I wouldn't mind seeing them have a nice affair. Just not to good cause if this story is about her and Reyes I don't want to get to attached and have him get hurt.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:21 am

I like Swopes for her than Donovan...not a fan, but I think even Reyes isn't so worried about Swopes (or maybe he is) because he calls Swopes her boyfriend. But I don't want Swopes hurt...but I don't think Reyes would really hurt Swopes too much...Donoovan...yes he would....like I saw in one of the interviews, Donovan was brought it for just that romantic interest purpose, but when the ending was changed, then he wasn't as needed for that since that interest was still in tact with Swopes. I am curious to see what happens now with a fourth to the love triangle.
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:32 am

I prefer Swopes over Donovan but both are pretty hot.. yummy I don't want their to be a third love interest for Charley though..what's the point when it's clear she's all about Reyes. I think Charley will forgive Reyes easily and they'll soon go back to their smexing.
Has Reyes had sex with anyone else as a human?? because he was in prison for years and before that he apparantly had no interest in any of the high school girls?? and even before he was human..did he have a love life??
I hope I'll be able to make the chat when it's rescheduled..i keep thinking of new Q's
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:51 pm

Men maybe? a virgin son of satan? Hmmmm...if she does so Donovan or Swopes that would be bad if he is still untouched!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darynda Jones
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10