2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:23 am

Got it!! heart
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:38 am

Tomorrow for me! heart

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:47 am

Well, I don't think I will have much reading time today. I will have to see. Read the first few pages at least. Already smiling. Darynda and Charley just make me happy. Can't help it.... happy dance
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:22 pm

Okay, Ladies. Darynda will be in Lubbock this Saturday at B&N. I am planning on going....if the wheels don't fall off. You know how that goes....the best laid plans.

So.....if any of you want a signed copy of Third Grave....let me know. Either pm me here with your address or on facebook. Either way. I will check with everyone before Saturday to be sure I haven't missed anyone.

By the way....in case you're wondering. I am totally HAPPY to do it. Love ya'll.. heart
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:57 pm

Crap! That's not much notice. I was really hoping to make one of her signings but with hubby working weekends I need to plan further ahead than that.
Sad You realize Shay, that this means you have to hug the woman for me. And somehow make it noncreepy. Good luck, I have faith in you! wine

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:50 pm

Dopple--Her Amarillo signing is on Feb 11. All our plans.....! I am leaving for San Antonio on the 12th, so Amarillo won't work for me. Want a book?
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:57 pm

Just stopping at chapter 6 and already I'm hooked and wishing I could stay up all night and read. The humor is fantastic and reyes is YUMMY!
Back to top Go down
sabby

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:06 pm

So finished #2 (not sure when I'll get to #3). I really enjoyed it was another fun lite read. Um so summary for Dopple..... Reyes is HAWT!!!! drool but hella scary!!! reyes for realz!!! thats all you need to know right?? Wink And dont kick me but I feel bad for Garrett...
Ok so here's my question.... uuuummm how did he know he wanted to be with her, loved her enough to be born?? Is it just because she is the Grim Reaper?? So that concerns me a little..

So there's a lot that was going on: Charley's search for Reyes' body, missing person case (Cookie's friend), and the death threats against her father. I was devastated for her when she found how her father handled the situation by basically allowing her to be the x-con's target without warning her!!! That was so hurtful; but I guess the good that came out of it was that she's finally seemed to mend some fences with her sister. I'm kind of wondering why it took her x-police detective father to just become more suspicious about how extensive her "otherness/powers" might be. Ummm so yeah kind of a shitt synopsis.... sorry my brains kind of fried. Dont hit me Owen I guess since I was just coming off a Kate Sherwood high I couldn't get into it as much???
Oh and more than Danger- Will Robinson, I love beam me up- Scotty!!! roflmao
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:14 am

well, I have #2 signed because of a certain wonderful person. I am ok with my kindle version for #3. Thanks smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:30 am

heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:31 pm

twirling Third Graveis fantastic! I have loved everyone of these books...! This one is the best...it's like Darynda just went supernova on us! star star star star star
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:42 pm

I am a little more then halfway threw and I have to agree with you shay. I already am so hooked I don't want to put it down. DJ books do that to me though. There just to damn good! smile
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:30 pm

star Just finished Third Grave..it's the best one yet!!!! star I felt so sorry for Charley after finding out how Reyes used her Mad ..Why did he have to use her so why!!! .Reyes constantly threatening Charley..enough already..bloody hell, that's no way to treat the woman you supposedly love!! Reyes shows more affection to Amador, Bianca and their kids than he does Charley..all he seems to show Charley is distrust, lust and anger..he needs to start showing a little bit of affection towards her instead of just hornyness and hatred.
Charley's dad is douche.. I hope Charley makes them grovel and beg for forgiveness not worthy . Can't wait for Fourth Grave bounce !

Last edited by ferdy on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited to add spoiler stars)
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:46 pm

star Third Grave star

I am pretty pissed at Reyes! I know, I know.....he must have his reasons. But, really. Her dad and now Reyes set her up? Jeez....I am rooting for the motorcycle guy...Donovan.
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:52 pm

star THIRD GRAVE star

I know the two people who love her most and who should be protecting her..both of them paint targets on her back and put her in her harm's way..and neither of them told her what they were upto because neither trused her(ok so Charley's dad said it was because he didn't want to worry her but I don't buy it, she's a grown woman who's a PI and worked around criminals before..there was no reason not to tell her) ..if anyone should be distrustful it's Charley..I hope she doesn't just forgive Reyes like she did her dad.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:10 pm

star Third Grave star

Me too, Ferdy. As hot as Reyes is, she needs to make him suffer. heart Garrett is going t live! I thought he was going to be her gaurdian. But I was thrilled when it turned out to be Artemis. How cool is that? A dog that you don't have to feed or walk? That doesn't shed! Great guardian! I wonder if Donovan will figure out that Artemis is with Charley now. That would be soooo cool. I see a romance for Charley and Donovan....if Reyes doesn't kill him. Talk about a menage...! Reyes will pop up every time Charley tries to get cozy with another man. eew...
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:49 pm

star Third Grave star

2shay, I was sure Garrett was dead and I thought it was a nice twist that he made it..I wonder if he'll remember talking to Charley.. The Whole Garrett thing was confusing..it didn't make sense to me..she was in the hospital for 2 days and Cookie & Bob told her Garrett was dead and then when she gets home Cookie rings to say that Garrett was resuscitated..so he can't have been dead in those 2 days and then been resuscitated..it's not possible.. if he was in critical condition why wouldn't they say that instead of saying he's dead?? I got really confused with that. I think I would have preffered Garett over Artemis as her guardian though..because I would have liked to see him being her guardian angel and see what arguments they got into..I guess he'll still be following her around anyway and be a human guardian..How many times has been shot because he was looking out for Charley..I love Garrett heart
I thought the reveal for Mistress Marigold was a bit of a let down..I thought she would be some dominatrix type woman whipping who played both sides.
Donovon was pretty darn hot, he's no Reyes but still.. air kiss I also liked Garrett and Luthor was also hot..Man, Darynda writes really hot guys in love .
I was really disappointed with the reason why Owen Vaughn hated Charley enough to want to kill her was so lame and then Charley apologising to him..WTF wtf ?!!..he should be apologising to her..someone trying to kill you is worse than some stupid misunderstanding in high school. Him trying to kill her was such an overreaction..the whole thing was just stupid and Charley trying to make nice with him after he tried to kill her for no good reason..ugh.
Why was Charley telling every Tom, Dick and Harry she was the Grim Reaper reyes ?? All of hell is searching for her and she just tells everybody she meets?!!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:36 pm

star star Third Grave star star

Let me just start off by saying I loved this book and her series only gets better and better!

First off, OMG I heart Donovan! I just love that Hot Biker Badass type. Laughed my ass off when the other guys got mad cause he was giving her a key and they couldn't watch her get into the building anymore.

ok, Sense I got that out of my system. Let's talk Reyes.. He pissed me off! I mean ya I figured he had his own agenda but using her as bait and then not being there to protect her. WTF Reyes??

Daddy~ What a Jerk! If he can't get his way he just decides to have her arrested. I wonder how that is going to turn out and if her Uncle can get her out of that. I hope so. Her dad has been pissing me off sense the last book.

The Swopes Situation. I looked it up and Cookie said that They resuscitated him. He died on the table but they brought him back and nobody told them. He had been in surgery. All I know is I really like Swopes and Alive or her guardian I would have took it. There banter is just to much to give up.

Really cool that the Dog is the guardian. I like that.

The Nun as MM. I so did not see that coming.

So much was going on in this book. How DJ manages all the different plots at once is beyond me but she does a damn fine job of it that is for sure.

Can't think anymore at the moment. What other things is there to discuss about this book?
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:42 pm

2shay wrote:
star Third Grave star

Me too, Ferdy. As hot as Reyes is, she needs to make him suffer. heart Garrett is going t live! I thought he was going to be her gaurdian. But I was thrilled when it turned out to be Artemis. How cool is that? A dog that you don't have to feed or walk? That doesn't shed! Great guardian! I wonder if Donovan will figure out that Artemis is with Charley now. That would be soooo cool. I see a romance for Charley and Donovan....if Reyes doesn't kill him. Talk about a menage...! Reyes will pop up every time Charley tries to get cozy with another man. eew...

I totally agree. She best not just fall right back into his warm eyes and hot body. He needs to suffer a bit. Plus I think a nice side romance with Donovan will do the trick. That biker is HAWT! I almost hate to say it cause I am ticked off at Reyes right now but I kinda/almost/for sure think he actually felt bad about what he did.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:44 pm

Guys! Guys! Guys! Guys! Guys!

I'm starting Third Grave tonight! twirling
Feel like I should make margaritas and celebrate.
very happy

Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:48 pm

Yay Dopple! happy dance

star For I have sinned star

What a cute short! Seeing things from a different POV was pretty cool and Reyes won me back just a little. I waited to read this cause DJ said it came after her 3rd book. Reyes has a very cool ability that I didn't know about.

star Reyes cool gift star

He can tell by looking at a baby what they will be when they grow up. So cool!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:08 pm

Babies are cool. reyes

I really hope Darynda does more shorts from the ghost POV. For I Have Sinned was wonderful.

I'd probably jinx her if I said that Darynda can't write a bad story. So I won't say it.

Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:00 am

Well, I think we all liked it! So far. How cool is that? We need someone to tell us what the change was from the ARC to the actual book. I am betting that she let Garrett die in the ARC. What do ya'll think?
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:43 pm

happy dance I can start third grave today! Was there when I got home from work last night. Was going to pull an alnighter but decided it againest it. Whole day off today guess not much housework is gonna get done smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:49 pm

happy dance Enjoy Greencat and don't read those spoilers....!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   

Back to top Go down

Darynda Jones
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next