Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DICK LIT (cos we can !)

Go down 
+6
showmethelove
b4v
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
gracious-plenty
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 7:36 pm

Oh, Dark Horse is so good. You'll cry, Sabby, but it's so incredibly good.

Yes, Trifecta the book. Silly Swede.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:51 am

Well.... You never can tell Fae ;-) finished Clear Water - Whskey is a keeper, for sure!! Whiskey and Trix - sounds like a cool drinking game! Also read ZAM Xmas story it is cute. BUT LB Gregg one is stellar in love she really is very good at crafting a short story, loved Dudleytown and Mistletoe at Midnight; this one is just as good. Finally I also read Premonitions by DH Starr and that free Snyder one, Positions of Love - both had potential, but just fell short IMO .... Now I need to decide on Chasing Smoke or the Coffee , Pizza, Beer books o.O ... Do you want me to wait ,so we chase smoke together Fae??
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:54 am

@Sabby I loved ZAM story in His for the Holidays - that was just an awesome anthology! Only weak link was Fox, who I just don't seem to like.... :-(
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:11 pm

I still haven't started Trifecta, so I can start Chasing Smoke whenever.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:17 pm

I started Long Tall Drink by LC Chase it is good
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 6:53 pm

Finished Shying Away. Yep, it's a goodie!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:38 pm

Read KA Mitchell's Diving in Deep. Wow! So much sex but it was a great book. I'm starting the next one tonight. Collision Course. I'm loving this author!!!

Read Bayou Dreams by Lynn Lorenz and it started off good. Kept my interest and the last quarter of the book was not good. One of those books where the characters change to end the story super sweet. Too bad. It could have been a good shifter series. Don't know if I'll read the next one.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:17 pm

Read Collision Course by KAM and it was good too. I'll be getting back to her after the final Rifter.

Reading Kate Sherwood's Dark Horse series. It's really good but I warn you, YOU WILL CRY!!!!!

I was trying to save all the Christmas shorts I haven't read for the week of Christmas but the Boone and Wade giggling is soooooo tempting!!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 9:59 pm

Hhhhmmm Ok officially added to the TBR pile...... u wouldn't happen to have a fictionwise code in your xmas stocking showme???? pray flirty smile
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 9:38 am

I don't Sad I've been avoiding them because I have so many books to read already. I have a book or 2 Wink I want so I'll check this weekend and let you know.

I'm starting The final Rifter! it\'s so horrible
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:20 pm

I told you all about Laura Horner on another thread. Highland Shift. I liked it a lot, so I looked around to see if she had anything else. The next book in that series won't be available until Jan. Sooooo.....I found out that she writes unter another name. L.E. Horner.....m/m and m/f/m. Her m/f/m is a series call Three's Allowed. She has three books in that series starting with Whiteout. Okay. Most of you know that I fuckin HATE triangles. Well....her menage series isn't triangles. These people all love each other. The sex was.....interesting. Interesting in that....ahhh...sort of mentally twisting my head and neck around thinking.....yeah...ahhh...could they REALLY DO THAT!! OMG.....I didn't know whether to be shocked or fascinated! Anyway, I read all three. They aren't real expensive....I think about 3 bucks a piece. The last one had a LOT of BDSM which just skee.....never mind....I am not fond of it, but stll the story was good because the characters sort of interconnect between book 2 and book 3. Now I am reading her m/m book....99 cents...Ty Hard.....yep, that's the title. Not quite through, but so far, it's really good. Oh, these aren't long books. Her first one, Highland Shift was long, these others are pretty short.
Back to top Go down
girlwhowaited

girlwhowaited

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:05 pm

Okay, posted a question on the Let's Talk Romance!!! thread that I probably should've put here... sorry, my brain messes me up sometimes. Mods, feel free to delete the other one or move it here if you need to.... smile

To recap, just looking for a new good series to read - the ones I have finished so far are Adrien English, Ty & Zane, PsyCop, Keeping Promises, A to Z.

Sorry to double post, as it were. noobie
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:17 pm

I would highly suggest reading Zero At the Bone by Jane Seville. Shades of Grey by Robin Mckinley. Sno Ho by Ethan Day. Those and the ones you listed are some faves of mine. I have more but those are some the best I've read.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:28 pm

Zero at the Bone heart
Its also a standalone, but sooooo worth your time. It has Deh Smexy, but it's not overwhelming.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:15 pm

Oh I second showme's choices Ethan Day is hilarious!!!! Laughing roflmao I love his at Piper's point. Another great standalone is Tigers and Devils by Sean Kennedy. One of my fave's is L.B Gregg's, Romano and Albright series (just 2 books) first is Catch me if you can. heart

Oh saw Dopple already mentioned T&D so.... Z.A Maxfield has a bunch of great books but my fave is St. Nacho's series; they are mostly novelas so really quick reads!!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:40 pm

Tigers and Devils is a must read too. That really should have made my list. AT Pipers Point is wonderful. I love Ethan Day. heart

Started the Trap by Indigo Wren.
Back to top Go down
girlwhowaited

girlwhowaited

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:52 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions, my TBR is a mile long now *lol* :D
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 6:07 pm

Daisy.....I will say ..ditto....on all the recommendations. Zero At The Bone is one of my favorite books. Say, have you read Warrior's Cross? It's a must read!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:20 pm

Read Tin Star by JL Langley. Meh...I wouldn't waste your time. Too sweet for my tastes.

Finished Dawn of Darkness by Daniel A Kaine. It was awesome! Waiting for the next one is going to be a wee bit hard. It's his debut novel too!

Starting Duck by Kim Dare.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:13 pm

I really want to hear what you think of Duck, showme!
I read it a while ago because I couldn't resist a Duck shape-shifter.

The writing and the story were good enough for me to finish it, but there was too much submission/dominance stuff. Not really my thing. The avian shifters were cool, though. I'm still disappointed there weren't any were-penguins in it. DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 2611132799

ETA: Dawn of Darkness has been tbr'd! It's got incredible reviews on goodreads, too.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Swede started Duck. She said it's hot! I seem to like reading BDSM to a certain degree smile Were-penguins just aren't sexy enough for m/m romance Wink

Dawn of Darkness was good. It deserves to TBRd. I wish someone would read it so I can talk about it!!!! excited
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:34 pm

From a previous post of mine, way back in February...I had a little trouble remembering details of this book.
I'm still looking for a book with a were-penguin. Even if it's a minor character or comical sidekick. It's my personal scavenger hunt. DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 650269930

Doppleganger wrote:

I don't normally enjoy BDSM stories, and I nearly put this one down very early in the book. I didn't realize that it was very very much a BDSM book. I guess I've gotten accustomed to the lighter stuff where BDSM is just a little added kink. Not the case here, this is a BDSM-as-a-lifestyle book. The characters are submissive or dominant, and that's written in as Avian shifter culture. Weirded me out a bit.

But, the characters were extremely well done. The story was interesting, and the Avian shifters were pretty darned cool. (I was hoping for a Penguin, but no luck there.) I did cringe a lot with the dom/sub BDSM stuff, it's just not my thing. But, I won't say that it was a bad book either. It kept my interest enough for me to finish, and I think it's because Ori is truly a great character.

I'm not going to give this one a goodreads rating, since I just don't think I can be fair to it. It was well-written, but the sub/dom culture was too much for me to swallow. Er, take. Handle?
Oh hell, now I can't think of a way to word it that lacks innuendo.
You know what I mean!!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:41 pm

I didn't think I'd like it either until I read The Elegant Corpse. It explained it in a way that made it seem like a deeper connection then just sex. That book kind of opened my eyes. I don't know that I'd like it personally but I enjoy reading about it. I certainly like an
aggressive man Wink

I remember you reading this.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:49 pm

A penguin shifter would have to be named Opus Magnum.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:01 pm

Is that the penguin from Doonesbury? LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DICK LIT (cos we can !)   DICK LIT (cos we can !) - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DICK LIT (cos we can !)
Page 32 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: