Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trina M. Lee

Go down 
+8
sabby
Doppleganger
Mochabookluver
uapeople
gracious-plenty
Greencat
2shay
Trina M. Lee
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mochabookluver

Mochabookluver

Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:50 pm

I have a coworker reading them right now. I'm still pimping lol!
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/Mochabookluver
Trina M. Lee

Trina M. Lee

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:35 pm

Really? Oh wow! Well I owe you many thank yous then Mocha. I've had a blast chatting with readers here. So glad to finally "meet" you. smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.trinamlee.com
Mochabookluver

Mochabookluver

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 7:39 pm

Not a problem- great work deserves great praise!!! happy dance
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/Mochabookluver

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:56 am

star Spoilerish - First Bitten star

Question, I am only 3/4 the way through book one and I was wondering if vamps are out/known about in the human world? I know that the wolves are not because that is discussed in detail. But was wondering if I missed something on the vamps as Arys seems to drain the humans dry and then just leave them where they fall vs. trying to hide the bodies/evidence. And, the bodies would be found with bite marks.

I do have to say that the storyline is similar to LKH Anita Blake early books, however, not with all the angst of the characters and/or situations. I think Lexa could kick Anita's ass! roflmao I am liking the way that Lexa gets the best of both worlds with Arys and Shaz.

I am not sure how I feel about Arys yet. He doesn't seem to respect human life all that much. I am used to my vamps killing/fighting each other and only killing humans when necessary - not just for sport and/pleasure. But maybe he will grow on me. star
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:12 am

Autumn,
I think the fact that the characters don't apologize for who they are and what they do, sets this series apart from others. There is no Anita Blake angst. Well of course there is regret, but they, for the most part, accept what they are and deal with it much better. As for vamps, no they are not out. Arys doesn't usually leave bodies around. He may have gone back and cleaned it up later, plus there is a clean up service. What I wonder is, if the vamps have to kill every few days, are there really that many pimps and bad guys for the number of vamps not to wipe out all the degenerates pretty quickly? I mean probably each vamp that kills only reasonably (not the Wicked Kiss type), probably kills at least 100 humans a year. If you have 5 vamps in one city then that is at least 500 people. You'd think the crime rate would go down significantly for robbery and drugs and go up for murder/disappearance. Since I know you, I am pretty sure Arys will grow on you. I hated Shaz the 1st read. I thought he was too sweet. I still think he is too good to be true and he is going to pull some sort of Bill-like traitorous thing.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:15 am

Hey autumn

Uap did a good job explaining it. This is why I adore Trina and her vamp world so much. She has still given us the sexy, romantic side that we are used to reading, but she has kept the traditional stereotype of them. Meaning that vampires are predators. They don't feel the guilt by draining a human of their life's blood. They still very much have that violent nature. Arys does grow on you for sure the further you get into the series. I am a huge fan of both him and Kale. flirty
I also feel that her were's are the same. They love their sup side and what natural instincts they have. The freedom of running amongst their own, hunting together, and their known natural aggression. It's truly refreshing this world Trina has created. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:36 am

autumn--Trina's story is soooo much better than LKH....no comparison. I have read this series 3 times! Just adore the story. Trust me....I have asked you to trust me before!!...you will come to like the vamps Trina has created. They are true creatures of the night, not a watered down version, and I really, really love them. Ahhhhhhh.....well, not ALL of them. There are some that need killing....Alexa, Kale and Jez do that for a living. This story is just....great. I am running out of ways to describe how much I love this story.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:38 am

Hey, Mochabookluver! If you are responsible for getting us all hooked on Trina... not worthy Thank you.

Last edited by 2shay on Tue May 10, 2011 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling.....spelling....I can't type...)
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:03 am

To clear the air- I just have to say that I no longer hate Shaz, I do love him as well. I just don't think he is all that sweet as we think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:31 pm

Thank you 2Shay and uap for clearing that up!

star Spoilerish star
So the vamps only kill the bad guys/gals for the most part? I can live with that. Wow, we need them in our society today to get rid all of the sickos and criminals!

I hope Shaz doesn't go the Bill route! It seems like Trinia is building up for a threesome with Shaz, Lex, and Arys. I like the fact that Lex can have them both. Not sure how I'm going to feel if Shaz goes the man on man route. I like my straight vamps straight and my gay vamps gay. But that is just me and I know that supes have a different outlook for the most part on sexuality in the fictional world.

I am trusting you both that this is going to continue to be good reading! air kiss I need to order the 3rd book as I don't have it yet. When does the 4th come out?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:37 pm

autumn--I'm sure someone knows the release date for the next book, but it ain't me. Let me just say....again,...I have read these books THREE times. I love this story and am trying to absorb enough detail that any "surprises" Trina throws my way, I will be able to figure out. Hhmph....like that's goint to happen! I'm always the last one to "get it". I feel like a slow learner with all the super brainiacs on this forum. twirling But, I don't care! I'm just so happy to be here! happy dance
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:58 pm

Trina was hoping to get Blonde & Blue released by maybe late summer, but this could change and possibly be moved to early fall. She's still currently writing #4.
She was a bit of a tease last night on Twitter when I noticed she tweeted a message that said 'she was a swooming mess after watching a show while also working on a Kale scene and started to crush on them.' heart I naturally got excited since I love me some Kale, so she messaged back and said that she almost tweeted a line from the scene she was working on, then stated maybe she shouldn't. So I called her a tease Laughing

Next thing I know...she tweeted the line happy dance

"Wanting someone this bad wasn't right. Not when you couldn't really have them."

heart heart

omg I am sooooo ready for book 4 bounce
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 1:46 pm

I visit a bit with Trina here and on fb, but she says she spends a lot of her time tweeting. I so don't need something else to obsess over.....! I think I have to pass on Twitter. darn..Thanks for passing that on. twirling
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Thank you GP and 2Shay!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:19 pm

If she does it with Kale it would be bad for them both and what would happen to what she already has. Nope! Kale= BAD IDEA.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:29 pm

hugs Autumn Wink
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:09 pm

I agree that Kale might be a bad idea for Alexa.....but, he is drool worthy for the rest of us! snort
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:07 pm

But bad decisions make for good stories. smile
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:14 pm

Exactly Dopp....
Then G-P can be a new character that will sweep Kale off his feet flirty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:17 pm

spoilers

star Once Bitten star

Just finished and I have to say that I really enjoyed it! I am going to be honest and say that the cover did throw me off with what the actual conent of the book turned out to be. In the hair salon today, I didn't want anyone to think I was reading about sex (God forbid - I live in the Bible Belt - what will people think??)roflmao, so I pinned the cover with a sheet of paper. phewwwww

I guess what I meant to say with my reference to the writing being similar to LKH - Trina's writing is what I both wanted and expected from the LKH series but didn't get it. And after up to 10 or so of that series, I just gave up hope on it.

I heart the characters and the way they make decisions and deal with the end result regardless of the outcome of those decisions, the plot is great, the worldbuilding is just enough to get you interested in Alexa's world without being overbearing and/or dull, and the ending threw me for a loop and left me wanting more (I kind of thought Raul was the guy who killed her family - but I thought, nah - that would be twisted lol! ). I am starting Wicked Kiss tonight in addition to placing an Ebook order for OVCB! Thank you to all who recommended this series! not worthy draw u heart

2shay - now I know why you are on your 3rd read! high 5
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:58 pm

ARGH!!!!! pirate pirate

I'm starting Once Bitten tonight (I got sidetracked by JCP's Psycop series and got some serious Jactor frenzy!!!!). But that's also your guys fault!! its nots me

Will catch up soon!! Wink Am really excited!! cheers
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:01 pm

Yay Sabby!!!!!!! excited
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 6:56 am

happy dance
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:51 pm

spoilers ONCE BITTEN spoilers

So I finished earlier today and also really enjoyed it!! I think Trina is a superb writer by somehow maintaining a balance of letting these characters (creatures of night) remain true to their darker sides/natural instincts but yet remain likable/desirable characters. It is refreshing to have them be fairly unrepentant for their actions; I mean how many tortured souls (vamps) can we read about!?!?! Wink
Although I am curious do the vamps absolutely always have to kill when they feed? Because yeah somebody mentioned the crime rate soaring with so many missing people!!

I did think that Raul could possibly be the black wolf that attacked Alexa's family especially when Kale clammed up; but also thought as Autumn that would be too sick. I def didn't think of why Raul would've attacked; for him to have loved Alexa's mother and than turn her and sleep with her.... yeah he deserved his death at the hands of a loved one!!!

I love Shaz, yeah he's a bit too perfect at this point but he did wait thru 4 years of friendship so.....? And as for Arys I'm definitely intrigued but wary; his X lover (Cathy?) didnt paint a pretty picture so will am definitely curious to see what's going to happen next.

Why is Kale still not telling Alexa the whole story?? What else is he hiding??

aaagggghhhhhh ok ok I'm telling the hubby to buy my bday present early I need me e-reader immediately!!!!! tantrum be right back so I can order the next book ASAP!!
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 6:58 am

Finally got to this series. Finished the first book and had to go straight onto the next! Loving it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trina M. Lee
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next