Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trina M. Lee

Go down 
+8
sabby
Doppleganger
Mochabookluver
uapeople
gracious-plenty
Greencat
2shay
Trina M. Lee
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:18 pm

You all are such fast readers! I started the book tonight and hope to finish by the end of the week.

Did anyone notice the shout out that Trina gave to Purlsonline in the opening credits? How sweet of her to do! not worthy
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:21 pm

star B&B star

There has been too much build up previously for something not to happen between Lex and Kale. There needs to be some kind of resolution. I'm more worried that Lex could have given in after what Kale had done to Jez, she seems to be spinning comPortsoy out if control. This book felt very much like a turning point in the series, which is necessary for the series to be able to continue. Every series has them, otherwise it would be reading the same thing over and over! I agree, just because there's a threesome and the one time with Kale doesn't make it the same as the Anita Blake books, although if Kale became a permanent addition, it might start to feel along those lines to me. I'm completely intrigued by what could could be in Arys' journal, Veryl's files and Shya, Falon and Lila. I hope Shaz doesn't spiral down too far into being a blood whore, but I fear he will. Sex is sex, oral or otherwise. At least Lex only cheated once & it was with someone she has genuine feelings for. Shaz seems to be doing multiple partners for the rush of the bite. Really, really can't wait for the next book.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:04 pm

Well said you guys !!!!!

Book 5 is going to be HUGE
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:29 pm

star star

Just finished!! My god that was fantastic! I damn near ignored every person in my household today. I don't think i've ever been so lost in a book. As you all have said above there is so much more coming. The journal, Shaz and his growing addiction, The demon and the angel. So many things..

I was thinking that I am glad She and Kale did what they did. I think it was a good turning point for them. I know they love each other and nothing can come of it but they have a fantastic friendship. There desire needed to be explored to find the balance they needed to stay close as friends. I think they need each other. I hope that makes sense. It does in my head anyway.. smile I want to read words from that Journal so bad.. I was completely surprised by those first words in the journal.. Dreaming about her all those years ago.. I was floored with Shaz. To me he was a little goody goody in the first 3 books so seeing him caught in a little lie floored me. I understood her anger and jealousy but i'm glad she decided against letting Arys kill the vamp bitch.. Ok those are my thoughts for tonight.

not worthy Trina! Another fantastic book!!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 8:11 am

star B&B star

This book is fantastic. The storyline is gripping.

Last edited by 2shay on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To delete objectionable lines)
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 11:50 am

Trina, I reviewed you on Amazon. I am one of 2.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 12:43 pm

star BB star

I think that Alexa has to have her two men. She's part werewolf so Shaz is her mate, but she also has this new unknown hybrid vamp side that Arys will always balance out. So the triangle IMO is needed

Edited to add... I'm just scared and worried that if Lex was to meet an untimely death, she will become full on vamp, which means where will that leave Shaz. Hopefully together pray
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 12:50 pm

star BB star
I agree- but I see Shaz falling way too far into the vamp blood donoring...maybe at some point he will go too far and realize he has an addiction. Or maybe he will realize he has a man crush on Arys and couldn't deal with it so he was compensations by all the vamp chicks! All I know is he was like "Oh well be fine...no worries" so blaze about his cheating. Even though she had no leg to stand on, I'd be pissed if I were her and I see any 1 on 1 lovemaking between Lex and Shaz lacking until they really iron it out. Shaz was just like, you don;t give me all I need to deal. What would he do if she were like f**k off? I like the ways Arys says he had no issues with Shaz, it's better than her with others. Arys would love for Shaz to be more into their triangle. maybe he say that in his dream as well...Need to know the diary!!!!! And the computer files!!!!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 12:51 pm

I thought about that too gp. I don't know...but she did ask him and Ky to take care of her if she is a monster.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 2:07 am

I'm trying to avoid the stars. It's difficult so I'm going to be brief. I just finished Once Bitten and now I have downloaded The Wicked Kiss to my kindle. Sooo good. I can't wait to find out what is going to happen with Alexa. I'm tempted to start Wicked Kiss tonight.

Why am I such a sucker for the naughty vamps?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 9:41 pm

star Spoilers star

I finished B&B this week and am highly pissed off at certain things! Overall, I thought it was a good read, but not my favorite of the series.

What the Flippity flop on Shaz??? That scene gutted me, although I understand the situation with Lex having relations with Arys and Shaz venturing outside of the trio. And, the use of the word whore was too much (13 times and whores 7 times - mostly if not all said by Alexa). She has sex intertwined with blood and power with now three men - Judgemental anyone?

Kale killing women (2 blood whores in particular) and trying to kill Jez. How does that make him an ideal man and someone that that Lex should be in love with? How does he bring her peace with his inner demons? I don't get it. When he kills, he is supposed to be a maniac and/or crazy. Arys kills humans with no regard, Lex kills humans in her new bloodlust with no regard, so how do they differ from Kale? Don't get it.

I really do find it creepy that human life is of little regard to Lex in this story. I want to love and trust the heroin, but I find myself cringing and thinking WTF?

What does Arys do for a living? Did I miss something? I remember him playing cards at the bar that Shaz worked at and I recall him killing humans either for sport or leisure.

I also find it odd that Ky was okay with Lex sleeping with Kale (at least give her some snarky comments about now being in love with 3 men at the same time). Probably just me, but I don't see how Lex can be in love with 3 men at the same time - all loving different aspects of them and each complete her a certain way. Just starting to remind me a tad bit of Anita from the LKH series and why I dropped that series.
I almost want Ky and Shaz to get together.

Not dropping this series, but I do have concerns. very sad

Last edited by Autumnleaves on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 7:30 am

2shay wrote:
star Blond and Blue star

uap--I, too, think Shaz should be allowed. That didn't really bother me, much. Right now I like Shaz better than Alexa. Alexa should have intervened earlier and not allowed Arys to bite Shaz if she didn't want him messing around. She knew how seductive the vampire bite would be. And, she knew that Shaz is totally hetero. Pretty much gave him implied permission, IMO. Now, she is screwing around with still another guy!! Shaz could have an orgy of vampire sex and I wouldn't blame him.

I totally agree with everything in this post Shay! My thoughts exactly. Shaz can basically do no wrong in my eyes - he loves Lex enough to have encouraged her blood bond with Arys as he knew it would lead to her ultimate safety in the end. Lex could have stopped Arys from biting Arys, but didn't as she thought it was hot.

I do not want Shaz to get it on with Arys. If Shaz were gay, than yes. But he seems pretty secure in his love of women/Lex. It seems to me that if they did more than that kiss, Shaz would regret it (as he does the kiss it seems although he enjoyed it at the time and probably hates that he did).
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 8:18 am

star BB star

I agree with you both Autumn and Shay. Shaz is still in good graces with me after his little escapade. Lex? Notsomuch.

I wouldn't have blamed Shaz for dumping Lex outright....don't really understand why he still sticks around with her at this point. Shaz has shown stability and loyalty, but hasn't gotten that from Lex.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:45 am

Seriously, does Arys have an occupation? Anyone know what it is? scratch
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:57 am

I will ask Trina this one, because like you I really can't recall if this was ever mention
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 10:13 am

Thanks Nikki! hugs
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:50 pm

Wink you got it !!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Ok here's Trina's response to the occupation ???

Nope, he doesn't. I figure after 300 + yrs he wouldn't need one. It wasn't something I went into detail on.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Ahhh, the joys of compound interest.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:38 am

professional card hustler...LOL

I have to say Shay should be allowed others, but the way he went about it he really broke her trust, heart and lied by omission. It's funny Arys has been more loyal/honest in many ways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:36 am

star Spoilers all books star

How many times has Lex trusted Shaz? She didn't sleep with Shaz until after she slept with Arys knowing she had feelings for Shaz. Lex slept with Kale after her plate was already overflowing with Shaz and Arys. And, I don't get the impression Lex would have agreed for Shaz to get blood from vampiresses with or without sex. It seems that Shaz is addicted (or on his way to be) to vamp blood and, with addiction, ppl act out of character in order to get their fix. Possibly, Shaz knew that Lex would feel guilty for getting him involved in the vamp world and he didn't want to put that on her shoulders. Possibly, he felt he could kick the habit before he had to tell Lex and wanted to confess to her after he had kicked the habit.

I don't find Arys more loyal/honest than Shaz. Arys doesn't tell anything to Lex about her power and he is the one who gave it to her. Lex had to go to Harley for information as Arys didn't want to tell her. Arys teamed up with Harley and took blood (and possibly killed) women and possibly men in the last book. Although, he did confess to Lex that he didn't f*ck them (who's to say that there wasn't oral involved on his part as he didn't elaborate just as Shaz didn't elaborate). Arys is the one who told Lex something like it is not possible to seperate blood from sex (can't remember exact line and don't have Kindle handy). In B&B, Arys knew about the situation in Vegas as a result of Harley's death and waited until the last minute to tell Lex. Arys and Lex seem to have continuous arguments throughout all of the books (which all end in steamy scenes - yeah!). Additionally, anytime Lex tries to find out answers from Arys's past - he stops her (up until the ending of B&B where he gives her his journal).

I also don't recall Shaz and Lex arguing in any of the books. They seem to work their issues out together and/or Shaz trusts Lex's judgement and vice versa.

Do you think that I love me some white wolf? not worthy

Last edited by Autumnleaves on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 1:45 pm

I would say that is a definite YES, Autumn !!!! roflmao

But he is just so darn lovable heart
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 4:15 pm

All I have to saw is that from page 1 of the first book I said Shaz was too good to be true and he was gonna be the one to cheat or hurt her. maybe you are right, but i still think that Shaz knew that she expects more from him that she does Arys and in many way Arys has gone above what she expects (though many times not) and Shaz totally disappointed her...I feel an I told you so coming on...been dying to say that since page 1).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:05 pm

Hey uap, maybe you are a little shell-shocked from good-ole Bill. Wink

I don't see how Lex can hold Shaz to a moral standard that she herself has not met and/or keep.

Maybe if Lex truly wants to help Shaz in his addiction and not wanting him to be with any other vampiresses, Lex could just go stake herself, leave the wolves behind and become a true vamp to donate blood to Shaz at will. high 5

However, it is probably safe to say they are all even. Both men have cheated on Lex and Lex has cheated on them. So, the playing ground is now level. Let's see which one f*cks up next! draw u heart
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:40 pm

Autumnleaves wrote:
Let's see which one f*cks up next! draw u heart

roflmao LMAO! roflmao

That's a tough one to call! Eenie, meenie, minie moe....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trina M. Lee   Trina M. Lee - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trina M. Lee
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next