SearchHomeMemberlistRegisterLog inFAQ

Share | 

Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:36 am

I think I am experiencing a kind of shell shock. CUTYS has had a big impact on me. Making reading the next line in "something else" difficult. God, Josh......what you to to me. I think I am completely in love with the man. Hopeless, much? heart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:10 pm

yes ... it will be a long time til i can read this one again - it really hit me hard Sad
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:15 pm

Closing eyes, closing eyes not peaking above. Decided on Yellow Sands for my next read. I'm ready for the emotions and intensity, and great ride. (I hope)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:13 am

m/m it's a winner :-)
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:41 pm

In the last few days, I have re-read In A Dark Wood, A Vintage Afair and amd am currently re-reading Fair Game. I have reached a point where rereading Josh is more satisfying than reading something new. Stuck in JoshLandia. Is there a word for the third or forth reading? I think In A Dark Wood is a third and A Vintage Affair is a fourth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:53 pm

I think it is LURVE heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:05 pm

LURVE heart

"I"ll see you at five."
"Wear something sexy."
"Asshole."
"That will certainly work."

Fair Game......man I love this book!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:57 am

Finished Fair Game for the...I've lost count time...LURVE heart
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:06 pm

I think I'm coming back to my Josh TBR. Starting The Dark Horse.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:28 am

The Dark Horse was good. I started the White Knight. It's messing with me going back and forth between their beginning and whatever is happening between them currently. I'm not enjoying the budding romance as much as I should be. I wonder why he wrote it like this. There has to be a reason he would write the middle first??????
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Yeah....I read somewhere that they were actually written in reverse order of the plot line, so I read White knight before Dark Horse. I though it worked well, but I never read them the other way, so what do I know? lol
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:20 pm

I finished both and understand it all now! Josh can make me go crazy!!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:26 pm

I was a bit confused when I began to read the second book and wondered if I had read them out of order. I thought the ending was an appropriate ending for both books, though. They felt set.
Back to top Go down
b4v

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:27 am

yeah that confused I did the same thing!

Last edited by b4v on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : an emoticon snuck in that I didn't mean to put there!)
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:36 am

Hi Well, I am glad I read them in the reverse of the releases. They felt perfect. I think I could read Josh's stuff in any order and love it.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:18 pm

I forgot what a good writer Josh is. Just finished Someone killed his editor, so no onto All she wrote. Love how it is so easy to get invested in his main characters. Kit and JX heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:01 pm

ka-thunk, ka-thunk......Kit dragging his suitcase across the bridge was funny....everything was funny!
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:36 pm

Done with Kit and Jx now, onto to Fair game. I'm not a real fan of romance but it seem Josh has changed my mind on that! Who would have thought, I really care about the characters and HEA by the end of the book. Then there is the random references like in someone killed his editor, Torchwood institute was mentioned in a comment, then in All she wrote a thought about ending up like Scott on his expedition in the south pole. Both references I got, just popping up out of the blue, there was a couple of others I didn't get thou. Josh is a master of his craft no doubt.

Thats it I'm lost forever now aren't I roflmao
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:33 am

Hehehe
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:52 am

Greencat--- wine Joshlandia isn't a bad place to be lost. The Death Be Not Proud reference in SKHE just knocked me out!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:45 pm

Dead Run

spoilers

That really felt like the last book, to me. I liked that both guys were faced with their greatest fears in the relationship then ultimately gave the other what they had wanted most all along. Tay finally got commitment and Will got Tay's safety. I really liked that. I don't think it was Josh's best prose ever, but overall I felt it was an excellent book.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:25 pm

star Dead Run star

It did feel like an end but I don't want it to be Sad I liked it. I of course wanted more Will and Tay time. They weren't together and happy enough during the book but the ending was nice. I could have used a few extra pages Wink
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:58 pm

star Dead Run star

Yeah....to what y'all said. I thought the ending was ....abrupt....maybe. But, I loved the story, and they both got their greatest wish. So. Maybe the end? Hummmm....Stupid book made me cry.....And...stupid book made me feel sorry for David. Didn't expect that......the feeling sorry for David part.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:03 pm

spoilers DR spoilers

I'm pretty certain it's the end. I don't know where he could go from there. Their relationship seems cemented with the ring.

Yeah, Bradley really ended up being a good guy. I didn't really feel sorry for him, though.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:57 pm

I don't know......I'd like to read more smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .   

Back to top Go down

Double Down, This Rough Magic, Snowball in Hell, Petit Morts, Holmes & Moriarity, Dangerous Ground . . .
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next